Hijabs in the Rap Industry

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
I don't know what to think because i really love cardi and megan thee stallion and Saweetie but why do black women feel the need to wear hijabs and sexualize it?
1598459371895.png
1598459390745.png
1598459439118.png

x z

±somali supremacist, anti-inceI&queen in the north
not every girl that covers her hair is a hijab sis.

remember, the hijab is the islamic intent and modesty, not the literal cloth.

many african americans have been covering their hair like that for a millenia, stems from slavery days where their hair was seen as unkempt and untidy and needed to be put away

they call it headwrap

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
not every girl that covers her hair is a hijab sis.

remember, the hijab is the islamic intent and modesty, not the literal cloth.

many african americans have been covering their hair like that for a millenia, stems from slavery days where their hair was seen as unkempt and untidy and needed to be put away

they call it headwrap
but my problem is the way that they get praised for it while actual hijabis get called oppressed.

i understand... but my point is muslim women always are called backwards and opressed. But when someone like Saweetie or Mia Khalifa wear is its called "forward" "genius"
A head scarf isn’t only worn by Muslims though. People just hate the people who wear it the most.

nuns are associated with being scary and weird because of what they were. It’s just double standards.wearing too much is bad, wearing too less is bad.

Trending

Latest posts