Hey Minnesota Sspoters! Come in!

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
What should we do with our youth?
Honestly, despite the events of the past week. I don’t believe we are any worse than UK and Hennesy diaspora. I’ve been onserving the somali community in boston and they are better than us, better community and they actually don’t tear eachother down, religious too Mashallah.
Should we open a youth center?
Like a big one?
Where it’s only somalis? A big project that can attract somali parents? Help somali kids learn their dhaqan and deen. And help middle school/high school age ones navigate into adulthood? Something more than homework help. Like actual tutors, act/sat prep classes. Career mentors and all.

“Preliminary estimates by the working group are that a facility with a 450-seat theater, 3,000 square feet of event and meeting space, a 6,000-square-foot lobby and a kitchen would cost between $34 million and $47 million.”

D00FD8D1-CCDE-49FA-9C2B-0039EA856BF0.jpeg

??? If we even built half of that it would be 20 million. Where are those damn government aid tuugs when you need them? And those dahabshiil billionaires? Why can’t they invest into their people, always hogging money.
:liberaltears:
If every somali in minnesota paid 100$ we’d be at 7 million.
:ahh:

@mods please don’t allow trolls here, this is a serious discussion.

****PLEASE NO THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE/DAYDREAMING comments! If we can destroy our 1000s years of our dignity and our image as the strongest tribe in africa into what the embarrassment we are now then anything is possible.

LET THE DISCUSSION START! INTELLECTUALS COME IN!
NO SELF HATERS ALLOWED!

A88F6BAF-F40A-4A2C-8ED4-3A49D02BEAFF.png

Isn’t there already a youth center though? MN Somalis are lucky. They have Somali malls, Somali museum and anywhere you go you see plenty of Somali establishments, charter schools, Islamic schools… And y’all be lit on kowda luuliyo too. Don’t let a few ciyaal represent the community.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Isn’t there already a youth center though? MN Somalis are lucky. They have Somali malls, Somali museum and anywhere you go you see plenty of Somali establishments, charter schools, Islamic schools… And y’all be lit on kowda luuliyo too. Don’t let a few ciyaal represent the community.
It’s not enough, especially the boys. They are wildin wildin. Somali dugsis are straight up abuse btw. Went there 4 years and it was the worst experience. I can assure maybe 1 person that finished the quran actually knew what they memorized while the rest are straight ciyaalsuuq.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Education, education, education.

Big problem in the UK and US with our Somali communities is that they’re not getting quality education.

The parents are willing to send their kids to substandard schools and substandard universities.

I would rather an arts student from Harvard than an engineering student from a random university in Minnesota.

Somalis don’t get that employers look at your university when they hire you.

I know Music grads that work in consulting at massive multinationals cause of their university and marks.

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I remember when everybody in the city knew each other and the Hub for somalis was off down town in Mission Hill at the mouth of Roxbury where five families lived lol.
No own Masjid or Center and friday prayers were held at the nearby Northeastern Unversity but all in all it was pleasant.
The few more families in Bean Town were scattered all over. Couple of families in Cambridge by Harvard, a Family in Quincy , a couple in Somerville and some youths in South Boston.
Then there was this one family in the ghetto at Dorchester and everyone teased them lol.

Fast forward few more years and shit ton of people flooded the city. Lotta them from Maine which previously had one or two somali families.

I think Somali Bantus were first brought to Springfield, Mass. Cus Boston housing Market is Crazy tight but some moved afterwards or resettled, not sure.

Last edited:

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I remember when everybody in the city knew each other and the Hub for somalis was off down town in Mission Hill at the mouth of Roxbury where five families lived lol.
No own Masjid or Center and friday prayers were held at the nearby Northeastern Unversity but all in all it was pleasant.
The few more families in Bean Town were scattered all over. Couple of families in Cambridge by Harvard, a Family in Quincy , a couple in Somerville and some youths in South Boston.
Then there was this one family in the ghetto at Dorchester lol and everyone teased them.

Fast forward few more years and shit ton of people flooded the city. Lotta them from Maine which previously had one or two somali families.

I think Somali Bantus were first brought to Springfield, Mass. Cus Boston housing Market is Crazy tight but some moved afterwards or resettled, not sure.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Tbh, we need to start with the adults, many were reer badiyo, we need to start to make a grouping, cult like shit, women building connections, tea meeting, discussing the how we come together, and control the youth, maybe some woman could advise others with how they could help raise their children, the same shit with the men, although I think most of ciyaal suuq don't have any.

It’s not enough, especially the boys. They are wildin wildin. Somali dugsis are straight up abuse btw. Went there 4 years and it was the worst experience. I can assure maybe 1 person that finished the quran actually knew what they memorized while the rest are straight ciyaalsuuq.
i learned more by researching and reading the quran by myself in 6 months than my 2 years in dugsi, i was tall too. making me a target for the macalin, i was punished anytime i messed up like a 20 year old.

Trending

Latest posts