HELP.

Abayo, Concubinage and sex slavery is a the hard reality of humanity since the conception of time. Islam just came to prevent men from abusing their concubines and slaves by placing rules and laws. It is the first religion to ensure rights for slaves and concubines by setting boundaries, introducing concepts such as abuse of slaves and concubines being haram when no other society ever conceived such a thing. Please stop viewing islam through western modern lens. It was a completely different time and era and norms, it simply doesnt make sense to judge people for having concubines in the 7th century. Please watch this video it goes in depth explaining the whole issue.
I just watched the video. I like Omar Suleiman and I trust his credentials, as per below:

Screenshot (144).png

But do you know what historical references he used to compile this 22 minute lecture? I would like to read more deeply into it and frankly, I don't trust speeches at face value even when I have no problem with the speaker themselves.

I'm already familiar with the story of the concubine who rejected her owner in front of Rasulullah that was mentioned in his lecture here but I need more... 🤔

I understand the principle of Islam coming to solve problems more pragmatically instead of operating under the assumption that the world is perfect as it is like other hippy-dippy forms of spirituality, so I think I can accept concubinage a bit more if I do more historical research - it's the age of Aisha (RA) at the time of consummation that irks me.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
I just watched the video. I like Omar Suleiman and I trust his credentials, as per below:

View attachment 327996

But do you know what historical references he used to compile this 22 minute lecture? I would like to read more deeply into it and frankly, I don't trust speeches at face value even when I have no problem with the speaker themselves.

I'm already familiar with the story of the concubine who rejected her owner in front of Rasulullah that was mentioned in his lecture here but I need more... 🤔

I understand the principle of Islam coming to solve problems more pragmatically instead of operating under the assumption that the world is perfect as it is like other hippy-dippy forms of spirituality, so I think I can accept concubinage a bit more if I do more historical research - it's the age of Aisha (RA) at the time of consummation that irks me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
VIP

View attachment 327996

Abayo, there are many resources. I like the cambridge collections on islamic studies, you should read them. Regarding the age of aisha, We can have that discussion inshallah. Have you watched the 1 hour lecture by omar suleiman that I posted on the this thread? We can unpack this together inshallah. I admire your pursuit of the truth, it shows that you are genuine mashallah keep it up.

Abayo, there are many resources. I like the cambridge collections on islamic studies, you should read them. Regarding the age of aisha, We can have that discussion inshallah. Have you watched the 1 hour lecture by omar suleiman that I posted on the this thread? We can unpack this together inshallah. I admire your pursuit of the truth, it shows that you are genuine mashallah keep it up.
I just finished watching it (had to take my time because of my busy workload), and I have a few issues with that video. Here goes...

We can go back and forth through the long lecture together using these timestamps I found in the comments, if needed:

Screenshot (149).png

Mr Log, stop lying. Have you actually ever seen me in those threads? You've admitted it, you're a man child troll and only a weirdo who has been scorned throughout life goes on a trolling rampage. Stop mentioning me with your baseless lies. I only dabble in truth which is why you'll never see me say a hadith is weak without there being actual scholary backing, hence I don't usually involve myself in this topic.

Last edited:
I won’t give you a lecture because I don’t think you need that right know, what you need is answers to your questions. For you to receive these answers, you must be sincere with yourself and go and seek knowledge. I would highly recommend brother Mohammed YouTube channel, the account name is called Muslim lantern. Wallahi this brother is extremely knowledgeable and I am sure you will find the questions to your answers. Seek Islamic knowledge from those who are qualified to give them, not from those whom use the Deen as a form to enrich Themselves. Salamu Alakuum sister and may Allah (swt) guide you and us all. Say Ameen.

I won’t give you a lecture because I don’t think you need that right know, what you need is answers to your questions. For you to receive these answers, you must be sincere with yourself and go and seek knowledge. I would highly recommend brother Mohammed YouTube channel, the account name is called Muslim lantern. Wallahi this brother is extremely knowledgeable and I am sure you will find the questions to your answers. Seek Islamic knowledge from those who are qualified to give them, not from those whom use the Deen as a form to enrich Themselves. Salamu Alakuum sister and may Allah (swt) guide you and us all. Say Ameen.
Ameen.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Also she had to have taken part in the “battle”, you can’t just take any women as a concubine.
i saw a vid of Dr. Shabir Ally of him saying that when you raid a land you can capture the women as booty, the interviewer was shocked by this answer

i saw a vid of Dr. Shabir Ally of him saying that when you raid a land you can capture the women as booty, the interviewer was shocked by this answer
I think I saw that video as well or another one with Dr. Shabir Ally, it also left me deeply disturbed at the time.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts