Help. How to split $5 Million?

If you had stock options in the company you worked for and they went public which will net you about $5M cash how would you split it?
Who's entitled to it? Who would you tell? :hmm:

I'm conflicted on whether I should give my wife's parents some of the money. I put aside $1M for my parents, does this mean my newlywed wife's family is also entitled too? If so how much? My siblings might just get gifts. With the rest of the money I plan to build a house and probably sit on the rest, and re-invest it if I see fit.

I'm currently in a let's say a "humble financial status", but I'm on my way to wealth inshaLlah. I need to prepare for situations like this.

SaMale

The only Somali in Arabia
If you had stock options in the company you worked for and they went public which will net you about $5M cash how would you split it?

I'm conflicted on whether I should give my wife's parents some of the money. I put aside $1M for my parents, does this mean my newlywed wife's family is also entitled too? If so how much? My siblings might just get gifts. With the rest of the money I plan to build a house and probably sit on the rest, and re-invest it if I see fit.

I'm currently in a let's say a "humble financial status", but I'm on my way to wealth inshaLlah. I need to prepare for situations like this.
you shouldnt give her family anything, maybe give the parents some nice gifts but not hard cash and NEVER feel obligated to give anything to anyone obviously excluding your own parents, and siblings shouldnt receive money ideally unless you feel it will help them in some beneficial manner otherwise i wouldnt give them anything escpecially if they're already grown adults.

you shouldnt give her family anything, maybe give the parents some nice gifts but not hard cash and NEVER feel obligated to give anything to anyone obviously excluding your own parents, and siblings shouldnt receive money ideally unless you feel it will help them in some beneficial manner otherwise i wouldnt give them anything escpecially if they're already grown adults.
I'm the type to give everyone something. All my extended families getting like 10 bags each. My friends I'll take them on a trip out the country too. I know it's not smart but it's in my DNA to blow it, and pray I make it back. There's no saving me. :mjdontkno:

It's up to you. Do your in-laws treat you well? Do they support you? Did they contribute to your success in anyway like give you money? If you feel that they've helped you or been kind to you, I would personally give them a present or pay off a car for them or something, or if they have medical bills help them out with that. Or do a sadaqa in their name like a well or something. If they're exemplary people, I will break them off with much more than that.

Just my opinion, but I want to see what others think as well.

Don’t look at it as entitlement. Look at her parents like they are your parents due to your respect and love for your new wife. Treat her family very good. As you would want your wife to be good to your parents. My two cents

You give them an amount that is smart and still generous but not an amount that will stop you from accomplishing your other goals.

SaMale

I'm the type to give everyone something. All my extended families getting like 10 bags each. My friends I'll take them on a trip out the country too. I know it's not smart but it's in my DNA to blow it, and pray I make it back. There's no saving me. :mjdontkno:
its funny because im exactly the same, i love being generous, however you must make the choice, will you use this money in a sane logical way without possible future pain and the knowldge that you'll only use this money in purely useful manners with the main idea being to acquire more wealth, or, meh, who cares? And both choices matter on the existence or importance of logical goals in your life.

SaMale

Don’t look at it as entitlement. Look at her parents like they are your parents due to your respect and love for your new wife. Treat her family very good. As you would want your wife to be good to your parents. My two cents

You give them an amount that is smart and still generous but not an amount that will stop you from accomplishing your other goals.
i think it depends on so many diffrent things.

I would probably ask an actual financial advisor instead of some broke niggas on Somalispot 😐

HuunoHunter

Old Head 👴🏿
Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

You gave them her dowry and the end is that you have nothing on them, and if you mean respect and the like, give them some money and some gifts and not an exaggerated amount and nothing else. Priority goes to your parents

Choose who you marry wisely.

Larp as the poorest person on earth , see if shes with you throughout the 'troubled' times.

Unless you already have 5 Million and a huge pay-check, I'd advise you to keep this news and the money to yourself. Make quiet charity (do you have very poor relatives back home?), look after your immediate family and invest/save the rest. One day your future offspring may need to attend an expensive college.

Jobs come and go, so, you should save that money for a 'rainy day'. Also, people talk too much, be private about your blessings because the evil eye is very real.

This is how a lot of NFL/ NBA players become broke after their careers, splurging on everyone as if the money was endless.

Have you though about the zakat cuz you still need to give 2.5 to make that money halal

First sort out your zakat, then think about the money cause with that kind of money lots of relatives are going to come crawling and you will run out after five years, you need to think about retiring, your children’s college fees, maybe buy your parents house so they can be landlords and have sustainable income

First off alahumabarik, may allah preserve your wealth ameen.
Give the money allocated to your parents first, purchase the house, reinvest a good chunk, go on a holiday and then slowly start giving to your mates/ wifes family ect.When you've held your money for a year make sure you pay 2.5% on the Zakatable amount. If you can help a Muslim with a debt do so as Allah will aid you on the day of judgement. Build some sources of sadaqah jariyah for yourself and your family, read your adkar and continue to thank allah as he will give you more.

1711463909800.png

Be smart.

1.Firstly, give money to charity. You need to be grateful for the blessings that Allah has bestowed on you and what better time is it for you to give for the sake of Allah in the month of Ramadan?

2. Buy your parents a house, set some money aside for them to invest and give buy them land back home. They’re the number on people in your life and your mother is the woman who has sacrificed for you and has made lots of dua for your success. Parents are everything.

3. Help your siblings like pay for the tuition, pay off their rent ect. Try to be give them a bit of money but be conscious of the fact that whilst 5 million is a lot, it can easily run out when you have a big family, so be conservative in your spending.

4. You don’t have to give your wife’s family anything, but you can buy them a new car and gifts. That’s a lovely jester that will bring your partner closer to you.

5. You and your wife should save the rest for your children and invest. You and your wife are a team and you should be thinking about increasing your wealth and building something your future offsprings.

I wish you the best and please, a bit of advice. Don’t tell anyone but your immediate family. Don’t tell cousins, don’t even tell friends. People become entitled when someone ends up making a lot of money. It’s one of the reasons why most lottery winners become broke since they end up paying for everything under the sun and friends and family take advantage of them.

Again and I’ll say this again: Please don’t tell friends and cousins ect. They don’t need to know! Also, tell your wife to keep quiet as well. Relatives can ruin you and you could end up having nothing after 5 yrs. You need to think about your children.

Last edited:

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia
5 million all in, Two hands of Blackjack, 2.3 mill both hands, 100k on each of the side bets. Think about it like this, You win you’re up 10 mil, If you lose then you don’t need to worry about splitting the money.

Moon-

Bipolar Express
i wouldn't unless they are poor or struggling you don't need to give them anything i would just give some to my parent and thats it even my sibling aint getting any:mjdontkno:

i wouldn't unless they are poor or struggling you don't need to give them anything i would just give some to my parent and thats it even my sibling aint getting any:mjdontkno:
It's the tribal nature of somalis to take care of clan though, it's against my morals.

Trending