hello i'm new here and i have question what yall have agaisnt FOBS

i think the term FOB is discriminatory we are all immgrants and children of immigrants what yall think we stop using that term all together and love each other

They are mostly ignorant, arrogant, and fail to assimilate into the culture of their host nation.

so when immigrants "FOBS" open up businesses drinving trucks buying commercial properties like most somalis i know are involved some type busniess when they do all that what category do they fall the not assimilating enough or the arrogant

Exodus

Alienist
Why would you assimilate sxb. Just make your dough and keep your culture and values
I mean that they don't bother learning the language or expanding their social circle to non-Somalis. Nobodies asking them to go drinking or go to church on a Sunday, but just to show a bit of respect for the country they're staying in.

Exodus

Alienist
so when immigrants "FOBS" open up businesses drinving trucks buying commercial properties like most somalis i know are involved some type busniess when they do all that what category do they fall the not assimilating enough or the arrogant
Educated/entrepreneurial Somalis are 100% fine, nobody has any issues with them, but let's be honest these are only 30-40% of Somalis. The majority are collecting Ceyr money and sitting in coffee shops all day debating qabil

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Assimilate in the sense of working, learning the culture/language of your host nation and not standing out. Many are arrogant to do that.
Learning Western culture is counter productive, I can understand language and learning the framework to function there but at the same time to keep to ourselves

Learning Western culture is counter productive, I can understand language and learning the framework to function there but at the same time to keep to ourselves
You need to learn the culture of your host society to benefit more and being aware, plus you’re raising your kids in a western society so knowing the culture is important. Remaining a “conservative” jaahil like many of these fobs isn’t good.

You also need to develop good relations/social skills with the society. If you work, you need to have good relations with your coworkers to reach a level higher. My point is, you need to be aware of the society you’re in so you could cope with many of its challenges.

Nobody respects people who left their dhaqan/culture. In the UK, you will see some timojilic name themselves john david etc, try their hardest to act cadaan but it never works. Plus the cadaan man and any other self respecting person will rate you even less then if u are yourself. The reasons u see Mali’s mock their own “fobs” is it makes them feel better about themselves. This “fob” talk is less common the older u get though

Assimilate in the sense of working, learning the culture/language of your host nation and not standing out. Many are arrogant to do that.
No actually a lot of the fobs are literally the most hardworking people. They’re so determined and interested in the culture. They learn the language and do everything the same as us if not more. We’re all immigrants and you should be happy for them that they’re getting the same opportunities as us and stop thinking a minority represent all of them.

Trending