Hawa tako statue should be brought down

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
Hawa tako wasn't a hero, but a traitor, and the statue should be brought down. There are more deserving real Somali heros that could replace were she stood.

Mad Mullah is still the goat fam no more said

1602991114802.jpeg

Hawa tako wasn't a hero, but a traitor, and the statue should be brought down. There are more deserving real Somali heros that could replace were she stood.

She was married to an Italian?
:dead:

I don't understand the point of propping up a traitor as a hero and ignoring the accomplishments of actual heros.

Last edited:

GemState

36/21
VIP
Lies from the Kacaan have distorted the beliefs of many Somalis.

It's sad how Hawo Tako got reshaped and turned as a hero, yet Sheikh Hassan Barsane's struggle against the Italians/Ethiopians was forgotten.

Lies from the Kacaan have distorted the beliefs of many Somalis.

It's sad how Hawo Tako got reshaped and turned as a hero, yet Sheikh Hassan Barsane's struggle against the Italians/Ethiopians was forgotten.

Imagine a lady (Hawo Tako) who was borderline catholic and was married to an Italian man is a Somali 'hero' for throwing a stone and the Bimal jihad leaders like Gafle who fought the biggest anti colonial struggle in southern Somalia and fought the Italians and Somali dabodhilifs for 20 years aren't even remembered. Sh Barsane was a great leader who has been forgotten.

Kacaan propaganda favouring certain clans. No surprises here.

Som

VIP
I wouldn't trust the italian source. Italians like to pretend that Somalis love them. There is little imformation on Hawo Tako , no picture, no witnesses talking about here nothing.
According to some sources Hawo Tako was killed by a pro italian somali with a poisoned arrow shot. She may even habe never existed so she just a symbol of the anti italian struggle.
Other accounts, primarily one put forth by Nuruddin Farah in his novel The Naked Needle, and widely repeated as factual, have Hawa killed by a poisoned arrow shot by a pro-Italian Somali named Hassan Barre Tolow. β€œShe was in the Jihad against the Italian infidels,” Farah writes, β€œand a Somali whose son is now a governor of a region, hit her. The arrow was poisoned, and she died of it.”

Some say she was shot in front of her children. There was chaos on the streets that day and Somalis fought on both sides, with and against the Italians. Who can know for sure how she died and who killed her? There are no reliable sources, no photographs, no investigations or evidence. Only a novel and much-delayed eye witness accounts and repetitions of those accounts.

To solve some of the mystery surrounding Hawa Tako’s life and death, I did what many writers do in the age of social media and turned to Twitter. One Somali, Jama, tweeted back that she was a made up character, a β€œmythical legend invented for patriotic nationalism purposes.”

He based this claim on the lack of historically reliable data about her identity, place of birth, and extended family members. Others tweeted that she was a hero, a courageous woman, a symbol of Somali autonomy.

While facts about her death are foggy, the numbers are clear: 51 Italians dead and 17 Somalis dead, a tragedy for both sides.

Som

VIP
She was married to an Italian?
:dead:

I don't understand the point of propping up a traitor as a hero and ignoring the accomplishments of actual heros.
There are zero historical records about her so how can they say she married an italian? Hawo tako isn't even areal name, we don't even have her three names Hawo Tako ina ayo? What was here clan? How old was she? If we don't know anything about these infos how can we accept some random italian news site saying she was pro italian? There are actual somali sources wjo say she was on the opposite side and was killed by a pro italian Somali

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The first picture in the newspaper is an evidence for the event she died in she was apart of the SYL (under the branch from Jigjiga) what else do you think a Jidwaq was doing in Xamar?? The passage explains that the rioting began when a β€œgroup of pro italian Somalis came in with spears and clubs” those are clearly local men hired by Italians:drakewtf:

For those who claim she was married to an Italian along with the OP
O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.(49:6)

The β€œevidence” that claims she was married to an Italian is an β€œItalian colonial blog” and was written in late 2017 but some people are acting like its common knowledge :what1:

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Imagine a lady (Hawo Tako) who was borderline catholic and was married to an Italian man is a Somali 'hero' for throwing a stone and the Bimal jihad leaders like Gafle who fought the biggest anti colonial struggle in southern Somalia and fought the Italians and Somali dabodhilifs for 20 years aren't even remembered. Sh Barsane was a great leader who has been forgotten.

Kacaan propaganda favouring certain clans. No surprises here.
This is a good example as to why this type of propaganda spread bitter folks like this who are worried about β€œwhat about my clan”.

Imagine calling a muslim Somali hero a catholic because of clan then trying to say anyone else is guilty of clannism :drakewtf:

I see the truth triggers you.
Nothing there is the truth its all some nonsense peddled by landers which is why there is no response to mine. Gods judgement will fall on anyone slandering a muslim woman. Take your stubbornness to the grave.

Nafiso Qalanjo

This is a good example as to why this type of propaganda spread bitter folks like this who are worried about β€œwhat about my clan”.

Imagine calling a muslim Somali hero a catholic because of clan then trying to say anyone else is guilty of clannism :drakewtf:

Nothing there is the truth its all some nonsense peddled by landers which is why there is no response to mine. Gods judgement will fall on anyone slandering a muslim woman. Take your stubbornness to the grave.
Believe what you want to believe, but you cant change is the truth no matter what you tell yourself.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
Believe what you want to believe, but you cant change the truth no matter what you tell yourself. Hawa tako was used as a kacaan symbolic hero even though historically she was on the opposing side of Somali liberation. Feel free to do your own research on this if your not fully convinced.
You have no rebuttal because you got your β€œresearch” from a tweet by a lander and didnt even know what sources he was quoting and didnt even know what the quotes said you literally just followed the caption.

Here is a video from a Benadiri Nabadoon named Maxamed bin Cali Uunsane who was an eyewitness he speaks in a documentary by universal TV on the Heroine.
courtesy of @embarassing :salute:

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasmβ€’ Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Every statue should be taken down regardless who it is. It’s islamically prohibited to even draw a human being let alone mould a 10 foot statue of a human being.

Nafiso Qalanjo

You have no rebuttal because you got your β€œresearch” from a tweet by a lander and didnt even know what sources he was quoting and didnt even know what the quotes said you literally just followed the caption.

Here is a video from a Benadiri Nabadoon named Maxamed bin Cali Uunsane who was an eyewitness he speaks in a documentary by universal TV on the Heroine.
courtesy of @embarassing :salute:
I didnt even know he was a lander. I guess you do qabil checks of every Somali twitter account dont you? Also he gave his sources in the thread. That is if you checked for it at all. And none of these eye witness seem old enough to alive when she was alive. Some of these men can be her grandchildren

Last edited:

Trending