Have you ever meet

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Someone who's new to the west , who says they only speak english

I don't know if I have told this story , but it makes no sense to me.

She's from india, and she's been in the UK for 3 years . In class I noticed she dosen't speak her language compared to the other indians , so I was curious and asked her if she spoke hindi, and she said sadly she can't . I asked how ? And she said her parents and relatives only speak english. But how the hell does that happen still ? When you live in a country that you're from and raised in and majority of people are speaking the same language. How can you just block there existence when you're living in it.

Just imagine a somali family in hargeisa, they only speak english how would you survive lol

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Someone who's new to the west , who says they only speak english

I don't know if I have told this story , but it makes no sense to me.

She's from india, and she's been in the UK for 3 years . In class I noticed she dosen't speak her language compared to the other indians , so I was curious and asked her if she spoke hindi, and she said sadly she can't . I asked how ? And she said her parents and relatives only speak english. But how the hell does that happen still ? When you live in a country that you're from and raised in and majority of people are speaking the same language. How can you just block there existence when you're living in it.

Just imagine a somali family in hargeisa, they only speak english how would you survive lol
She speaks another Indian language. Chances are she's from South India considering how most South Indians don't speak Hindi.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
As far as we know, Hindi is identical to Indian. Central to northern Indian states indeed use Hindi as the language of ethnic unity and officially in the center of administration and government side by side with English as its formal language. Fellow state officials speak in Hindi while serving people from outside (office) they use English. When are each ethnic language (other than Hindi) used? Yes, when they go to their respective homes or meet ethnic people on the street.
You should know by now that South Indians communicate in English with Northern Indians .It would be considered disrespectful to speak Hindi with Southerners.
The reasons behind never phrasing a single Hindi word, are because they refuse to learn Hindi for specific reasons , according to the Tamils, they perceive it as an existential threat to their own, we need to dig deeper,
because not everyone further below Delhi are fluent speakers of Hindi.
They feel their civilization is higher than Hindi. Furthermore, they think as the origin of India; ancestor of Indian culture. The reason are simple is that the Mahabharata and Ramayana chronicle only mention areas in southern India precisely in the Tamil Nandu area.
It turns out there is a big story behind the rejection of Tamils learning Hindi , it's better mastering English. In daily life, they use ethnic Tamil languages such as
Malayalam, Kannada , Telugu , Tamil , Konkani , Tulu and various languages are spoken there, hence the lingue Franca spoken in South India is English.
That part of the region encompasses most of Indian English speakers.

So if state officials from the south meet meetings or work visits in the center (center and north), they never speak it but use English as an intermediary.

They have their distinct ethnic linguistic groups they put their have own native tongues first.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
She told me her mother is from the bottom caste, and her father is from a higher caste.
Maybe this could be the reason she only speaks English. Her fathers side is rich $_$ , they think if you speak english you're smart and wealthy (self hate ). She went through international schooling through early years to highschool too.

Being nosey is apparently becoming a somali trait.

I'm extremely nosey and want to know everything about everyone.

giphy.gif

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
It's being curious, know the difference.
There's being curious and then there's being nosey af. Why are you so invested in Panjeet's personal life?

Being curious is tryna know what language she speaks while being nosey is finding out how long she lived in the UK and nosy enough to know what language their parents speak, and then posting it on sspot.

Trending