Have you ever had a Existential Crisis before?

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Just had one felt dank I was 5 steps away from dropping out of college and applying to madinah university for islamic studies deleted a lot of my social media too LOL. How did EC effect you ever had one if so how did you deal with it any tips for reoccuring EC peeps

I get them all the time. For me its usually, I'll be sitting somewhere and suddenly time starts warping, it puts me in a daze and I'm not sure of anything or who I am, or what I should be doing

Feel like im gonna have one after I graduate uni, because my life up until this point there have always been steps you take after you accomplish the previous one, but I guess after Uni the real world will hit me and I gotta figure shit out on my own

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
Many. They're not a fun place to be but if you can figure out why you're having them through journaling or in your head then you can logically find your way back.

But until you solve the underlying problem, "what is the point of your life", you'll be victim to them. Having deen blocks it out, but not having it makes the experience worse for you.

Just had one felt dank I was 5 steps away from dropping out of college and applying to madinah university for islamic studies deleted a lot of my social media too LOL. How did EC effect you ever had one if so how did you deal with it any tips for reoccuring EC peeps

What was wrong with getting on your deen? and deleting social jewdia?. Modern-day SM is 90 percent trash, and full of low IQ drama-seeking clout chasers.

Last edited:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
What was wrong with getting on your deen?, and deleting social jewdia? Modern day SM is 90 percent trash, and a full of low IQ drama-seeking clout chasers.

I've never strayed from the deen I do everything that is required from me so it's not really going to change me much . Dropping out of college to go to Medinah University would never really be super beneficial for me . Maybe in the future but not right now it's a foolish move to make with my current life plans . Social Media is how I stay in contact with family and friends mainly so deleting that means cutting ties with them currently trying to get them back lol . All in all I acted rash for no real reason it was eye opening though.

I am guessing you don't use SM at all or something? How is that working for you if that is the case what has changed in your life?

I've never strayed from the deen I do everything that is required from me so it's not really going to change me much . Dropping out of college to go to Medinah University would never really be super beneficial for me . Maybe in the future but not right now it's a foolish move to make with my current life plans . Social Media is how I stay in contact with family and friends mainly so deleting that means cutting ties with them currently trying to get them back lol . All in all I acted rash for no real reason it was eye opening though.

I am guessing you don't use SM at all or something? How is that working for you if that is the case what has changed in your life?

Are you from the UK, college is only 2 years my friend. Medinah University isn't the best choice, it's known for being a study ground for ex-con reverts from the West, who want to learn about the deen. Maybe Egypt would have been a better option for you.

No, I only use Whatsapp, social media clean free for about 1 year now. I sometimes lurk on Twitter.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Are you from the UK, college is only 2 years my friend. Medinah University isn't the best choice, it's known for being a study ground for ex-con reverts from the West, who want to learn about the deen. Maybe Egypt would have been a better option for you.

No, I only use Whatsapp, social media clean free for about 1 year now. I sometimes lurk on Twitter.

I'm studying in the UK but not from here , by college I mean University lol I am used to calling it college. I'll consider egypt then in the future tbh I don't know much about either I only was considering Medinah since that seems super popular lol.

I see fair enough I don't think I could do that all my friends and family use different apps so sticking to one would mean ignoring a decent chunk of my family/friendship groups. I used to be super active on twitter but not so much now lol I can see why people avoid that site though it's real life drama for the world to watch like a game show.

I definitely have them all the time, my life has turned a 360 from my teenage years im less extroverted and more introverted and prefer to be alone. I feel lost and behind from my peers and no connection with the people ive called my friends for so long and through the past few years have only my siblings to call my true friends . No passion for the program im studying in and I don't date or talk to men like other girls my age do, I'm not sure whether to feel okay with where my life is.

What is existential crisis?

I figure someone will probably be like "use Google, duh"

so I looked at Wikipedia

"Existential crises are moments when individuals question whether their lives have meaning, purpose, or value."

If that's what is meant by "existential crisis," how can we Muslims have an existential crisis?

We know what this life is about. We're being tested and then we either to go to Jannah or Jahannam.

I think "existential crisis" is more of an issue for atheists

I don't even understand how an "existential crisis" could be felt as a crisis. If I was an atheist, I think I'd be living like Tony Montana.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
What is existential crisis?

I figure someone will probably be like "use Google, duh"

so I looked at Wikipedia

"Existential crises are moments when individuals question whether their lives have meaning, purpose, or value."

If that's what is meant by "existential crisis," how can we Muslims have an existential crisis?

We know what this life is about. We're being tested and then we either to go to Jannah or Jahannam.

I think "existential crisis" is more of an issue for atheists

I am not an Athiest....

It's easier said than done whether or not you are muslims these questions are hard hitters it's on your mind constantly . I know for many low cognitive ability sufferers they'll never have to deal with this ,but for the rest of us it's something we might face once or twice in our life some more than others.

It's very simple to just say life is test , but I would say having EC isn't rational to begin with you + it's more then just that definition. It encompasses a lot more things that are linked to the definition you've given but I am not bothered to go into detail right now. What would you say is the "Muslim" equivalent of this is then or something similar

I am not an Athiest....

It's easier said than done whether or not you are muslims these questions are hard hitters it's on your mind constantly . I know for many low cognitive ability means they'll never suffer from one ,but for the rest of us it's something we might face once or twice in our life some more than others.

It's very simple to just say life is test , but I would say having EC isn't rational to begin with you + it's more then just that definition. It encompasses a lot more things that are linked to the definition you've given but I am not bothered to go into detail right now. What would you say is the "Muslim" equivalent of this is then or something similar

Low cognitive ability? I wonder if that was meant as a shot at me.

Questioning whether life has inherent meaning means you are questioning whether Islam is the truth.

I have whispers of Shaytaan, sure, but if you are seriously questioning whether life has inherent meaning then it is an issue with one's imaan. If someone is struggling in terms of imaan, they should do more acts of worship and I think they should study the Quran and find reassurance with the Quran. It may be that they need to spend more time with the Quran.

Having faith and confidence in Islam is not low cognitive ability.

I don't think it necessarily is even about cognitive ability. I think it's about imaan. If you have doubts, maybe discuss them.

We shouldn't say a person has low cognitive ability if they trust in Islam. And btw I am not accusing you of atheism or of anything like that. But if Muslims find themselves questioning whether life has inherent meaning I think it means they have a lack of confidence in their religion.

Those questions are not hard hitters if you have confidence. If you lack confidence, they're hard hitters.

If someone is questioning whether life has inherent meaning and having these kind of questions, I think they should take a break from things and sit down and spend some time with the Quran.

Another thing is that I think it's good for people to invest in tafsir.

If you're feeling low in imaan, it's not necessarily a permanent condition. Maybe you've been overwhelmed by dunya and distracted from your religion. Things happen.

What you could do is take half an hour, an hour or more and sit down somewhere quiet and study the Quran. I also really recommend having some tafsir so you can sit down, study the verses, study the tafsir and really think about the meaning. If you spend half an hour to an hour doing that, I think it might help a person.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

u lost your chance to heaven. Now we know where u iz going

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Wallahi your posts have just become plain retarded :mjcry: :mjlol:

Latest posts