Have you ever been overpaid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received my wages and its 800 pound more than I expected. I dont want to give back as its a massive company and its not like its gonna hurt them. On the other hand I dont want them to say givr back the money in few months time. What would you do?

I just received my wages and its 800 pound more than I expected. I dont want to give back as its a massive company and its not like its gonna hurt them. On the other hand I dont want them to say givr back the money in few months time. What would you do?
It their mistake. They should've ran those numbers right

give it back. A.) you’ll have your integrity and B.) some companies try to trap you by overpaying you too see if you’ll steal it. I’ve heard of it happening before

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Payroll will handle this either way, if its your job, expect nothing on you next paycheck

give it back. A.) you’ll have your integrity and B.) some companies try to trap you by overpaying you too see if you’ll steal it. I’ve heard of it happening before

But i will just say i never checked my bankaccount to see what exactly came in. I had no idea. How they gonna prove I knew this for sure?

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
It's probably because you haven't been fully taxed. If it's a new role or your first job, they calculate the correct code of tax + insurance after your first 11.5k

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
There's not such thing as overpaid. They gave it, then take it. That's their mistake, not yous. They underpay me and then I screw them. Thanks to justice!

But i will just say i never checked my bankaccount to see what exactly came in. I had no idea. How they gonna prove I knew this for sure?
Well legally they can still get it back from you. Some people get overpaid for months without knowing and end up owing the company everything they were overpaid

since you know, it’s better to return it and not eat haram money or waste time going through the hassle later

Speak to HR and find out what it is though first. Are you sure it’s not a bonus?

It's probably because you haven't been fully taxed. If it's a new role or your first job, they calculate the correct code of tax + insurance after your first 11.5k

No my tax code hasnt change. I think its simple typing error. Im gonna wait until next month. If they dont correct it I honestly dont think they will notice. Its an international company with thousands of employee

Well legally they can still get it back from you. Some people get overpaid for months without knowing and end up owing the company everything they were overpaid

since you know, it’s better to return it and not eat haram money or waste time going through the hassle later

Speak to HR and find out what it is though first. Are you sure it’s not a bonus?
Bonus in uk lool. No way.....im just gonna put the money in my saving accounts. They have screwed mein the past on overtime not paying me. So i feel a bit justified here

Bonus in uk lool. No way.....im just gonna put the money in my saving accounts. They have screwed mein the past on overtime not paying me. So i feel a bit justified here
I was going to say companies especially large corporation don't give shit about their employee

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

Give them the money back that, sxb; it's equivalent to not returning extra change when you're at the cashier in the grocery market. You're essentially stealing from the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending