Have any of you stopped listening to music??

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Lately I don’t listen to music at all. Just the other day while heading to work I had the urge to bump some Somali music but I stopped myself.:rejoice::pachah1:

It hasn’t been easy but I think it can be done to those who want to stop listening to it.

psyche

To each their own
Never listened to music

It was a odd behavior that I developed from a young age and it stuck

Now I kinda regret it since music is a big topic people talk about now a days and I sort feel ostracized because I can't really relate.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Never listened to music

Now I kinda regret it since music is a big topic people talk about now a days and I sort feel ostracized because I can't really relate.

Masha Allah.

Don’t fall into their trap sxb. They’re a lot of other topics people talk about that’s trending these days.

Apollo

VIP
Nope, listen to it daily.

I noticed the type of music I like changes a lot over the years. Music I used to like in the past I no longer do.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I wouldn't go out of my way, i prefer reading about the latest tracks or hearing snippets. Only time i bump tunes are whilst driving and it's usually Capital Xtra. I only just caught up on the Stormzy and Wiley disses. :francis:

I did have years where i listened to Music so regularly, i knew every beat in an urban rave, i could have been a Dj. One guy i personally know and went to Skl with has thousands of followers and did a set with Fuse ODG, living it up in Ayia Napa :kanyehmm:

Last edited:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
I wouldn't go out of my way, i prefer reading about the latest tracks or hearing snippets. Only time i bump tunes are whilst driving and it's usually Capital Xtra. I only just caught up on the Stormzy and Wiley disses. :francis:

I did have years where i listened to Music so regularly, i knew every beat in an urban rave, i could have been a Dj. One guy i personally know and went to Skl with has thousands of followers and did a set with Fuse ODG, living it up in Ayia Napa :kanyehmm:

Could’ve been you instead of him living it up :faysalwtf:

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Could’ve been you instead of him living it up :faysalwtf:

It's a long career if you're successful. Tim Westwood is like fucking 80 and still in the game :mjlol:

This guy still gets invites to VIP afterparties and messes with girls half his age. Money really rules the World.

Never listened to music

Music is haraam. It's good you don't listen to it.

Myself, I don't listen to music. I think I'd possibly be a little dumber if I listened to music. I hear the lyrics coming from people's cars and the lyrics are garbage.

Prove its haram. Without islamQA sites

Okay.

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari:

that he heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

-Saheeh Bukhari

that by itself is enough

and I'm not anti-IslamQA so I intend to cite them.... what matters is whether something is true, not necessarily the speaker.........

"Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The view of the four Imaams is that all kinds of musical instruments are haraam. It was reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari and elsewhere that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that there would be among his ummah those who would allow zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments, and he said that they would be transformed into monkeys and pigs… None of the followers of the imaams mentioned any dispute concerning the matter of music. (al-Majmoo’, 11/576)."

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/5000/ruling-on-music-singing-and-dancing

Okay.

that he heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful. And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection."

-Saheeh Bukhari

that by itself is enough

and I'm not anti-IslamQA so I intend to cite them.... what matters is whether something is true, not necessarily the speaker.........

"Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The view of the four Imaams is that all kinds of musical instruments are haraam. It was reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari and elsewhere that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that there would be among his ummah those who would allow zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments, and he said that they would be transformed into monkeys and pigs… None of the followers of the imaams mentioned any dispute concerning the matter of music. (al-Majmoo’, 11/576)."

Fair enough.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Okay.

-Saheeh Bukhari

that by itself is enough

!!! MUSIC IS FOR THE SOUL !!!

Trending