Have any of you guys taken a Somali Class

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
Yes. I learnt to differentiate 'dh' and 'd'

And the classification of the words into either 'lab' or 'dhedig'. I did it for school points and a good grade at first..but my experience there was fruitful, my somali writing improved and I learnt to string a whole somali sentence without mixing another language. My little sucess there lol low key led to my plan on moving back home and getting involved a bit with the country InshaAllah

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Yes. I learnt to differentiate 'dh' and 'd'

And the classification of the words into either 'lab' or 'dhedig'. I did it for school points and a good grade at first..but my experience there was fruitful, my somali writing improved and I learnt to string a whole somali sentence without mixing another language. My little sucess there lol low key led to my plan on moving back home and getting involved a bit with the country InshaAllah
Interesting, So how would you rate your level of somali before starting the class and is everyone taught at the same level or.. Thanks.

Interested

Quite the Islamist.
Interesting, So how would you rate your level of somali before starting the class and is everyone taught at the same level or.. Thanks.
My somali was never horrendous, but I had a problem speaking straight, a bit embarrassing when you are speaking to elders type, diaspora problem with mixing 2/3 languages in the same breath. My first post in this site is me misspelling a somali word lol.

Yes, the class was a normal class. The teachers were a bit generous with the grading (just not the As) . We would write essays among other things. Even for exams.

I think it was a combination of that plus me starting to consume more of somali content in media( the news, lectures from sheikhs etc).