Have any of you guys ever experienced colorism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious, I was binge watching this youtuber called Chrissie and I've noticed for AA's colorism is very rampant, I wonder if anyones suffered anything like it in our community? Would like to hear your experiences.

yes i went to a store to buy bandaids and they had no sun kissed woke melanated ones :wow::wow1:i told the sista that works there that these evil albinoids want us to cover our powerful melanin with mayo bandaids! i texted the sista 20 paragraphs filled with egyptian hieroglyphics of the truth hopefully her inner kemet awakens

Apollo

VIP
yes i went to a store to buy bandaids and they had no sun kissed woke melanated ones :wow::wow1:i told the sista that works there that these evil albinoids want us to cover our powerful melanin with mayo bandaids! i texted the sista 20 paragraphs filled with egyptian hieroglyphics of the truth hopefully her inner kemet awakens

The Suugo Science term for this is ''white normativity''.

I feel like I get more attention and interest from non-blacks than my AA friends who fit the "Madow" profile(dark skin, kinky hair, wide nose etc) but it isn't a big issue

Last edited:
The colorism issue in the AA community is pretty disgusting. Darkskin guys not even checking for their own kind but instead checking for the lightskin woman. blacks fetishing mixed babies because they are lighter and have "good hair". Men openly putting down the DS girls despite their own mother and sisters being Darkskin

It's really sad

If you are dark skin and soft featured / symmetrical I don’t think you will receive colorism since people will praise your looks. But god help those who have dark skin with Madow features because somalis are ruthless to those people (who look like that). I witnessed one family treat their daughter who looked like that, worse than the rest. Hopefully, that’s not the norm because that family was some messed up people anyway

If you are dark skin and soft featured / symmetrical I don’t think you will receive colorism since people will praise your looks. But god help those who have dark skin with Madow features because somalis are ruthless to those people (who look like that). I witnessed one family treat their daughter who looked like that, worse than the rest. Hopefully, that’s not the norm because that family was some messed up people anyway

The reason I asked was because my friend who looks AA is treated like that by her family and community, sometimes somalis will talk shit about her in front of her face thinking she cant understand, its actually quite sad walahi

psyche

To each their own
This pretty much sums it up in one picture
6bcdd492-db5d-4087-9152-8e8e00900165-jpeg.65150

The reason I asked was because my friend who looks AA is treated like that by her family and community, sometimes somalis will talk shit about her in front of her face thinking she cant understand, its actually quite sad walahi
That’s awful. Don’t these people realize the genes are from them?

The curse of Ham is real. I advise everyone to read that section in the Old Testament of the Bible. You will then come to a realisation as to why colourism exists.

From Somalis? Not really. I’m not that dark though, I suppose actual darkskins face some of these comments.

The self-hate is real among non-white people though. I remember I was friends with this one Filipino, and she told me she could pass for white lmaoooo. I was like where? Like hell with that brown and flat face. :ftw9nwa: Delusional.

On the real though, Indians and indhoyars are the biggest colorists out there. My Filipino friend made disparaging comments about black people all the time. Everyone in the world feels superior to Africans.

On the real though, Indians and indhoyars are the biggest colorists out there. My Filipino friend made disparaging comments about black people all the time. Everyone in the world feels superior to Africans.

Its crazy because filipinos are wayyyy uglier but look down on black people

Its crazy because filipinos are wayyyy uglier but look down on black people
Yes they are the ugly af with huge monkey noses, so I don’t know where the confidence comes from.

But yeah, Africans are a cursed race. Everyone looks down on black people because they need someone to feel better than, simple as that.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
The opposite. I have been told I conformed to beauty standards.:gucciwhat:

I avoid the colorist disguised as a preference. They seem like they have the most hang ups.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
I never experience from colourism but I did experienced featurism because of my Madow hair. As I get older, those hate comments don’t bother me and im proud to have thick, healthy and kinky hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending