Hassan Sheikh's popularity skyrocketed among Isaaq/Dir mps

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
The reason why the Northern Dir introduce their subclan is the same reason why if you were to ask an MJ or a MX or an OG none of them would say Darood when introducing themselves. The Surre are the only Dir subclan that do not neighbour any other Dir clan so their primary identity is in line with their geographical circumstances. They identify as Dir for the exact same reason the Hawiye in Hararghe and Sitti claim Hawiye and not necessarily Karanle or Gugundhabe. The Darood who live in Djibouti refer to themselves as Darood and not their subclans because of the very small numbers of Darood in Djibouti. Its the same everywhere.
I didn’t even know what hawiye was until a few years ago. I was always just taught I was Abgaal

Who are the Garremare? I’ve never heard of them what clan do they fall under. I’ve heard of Beydisle just that they’re gugundhabe but I don’t know much about them either. Do you mind shedding some light on these two clans and their deegaans
Galbeed has a lot of old pre-maxatiri somali people it’s a bit weird to sort them into the 4.5 system in somalia where wixi la garan waayo meel lagu tuuro. The garemare are close the may may nation just like the garre, gariire people. They live in gobolka liiban next to dagoodia who they compete for resources.
The reason why the Northern Dir introduce their subclan is the same reason why if you were to ask an MJ or a MX or an OG none of them would say Darood when introducing themselves. The Surre are the only Dir subclan that do not neighbour any other Dir clan so their primary identity is in line with their geographical circumstances. They identify as Dir for the exact same reason the Hawiye in Hararghe and Sitti claim Hawiye and not necessarily Karanle or Gugundhabe. The Darood who live in Djibouti refer to themselves as Darood and not their subclans because of the very small numbers of Darood in Djibouti. Its the same everywhere.
There’s no daarood clan that identifies as daarood even in politics. Geri koombe is considered the smallest in darood yet they’re referred as geri koombe even by the other clans and oromo and not daarood. Your Djibouti example is not a good example bc daarod are not native to Djibouti and don’t have their villages there they are urban dwelling families not different from a samaroon family in bosasso. Hawiye in galbeed is just like the Dir surre gadsan they’re very small.

Galbeed has a lot of old pre-maxatiri somali people it’s a bit weird to sort them into the 4.5 system in somalia where wixi la garan waayo meel lagu tuuro. The garemare are close the may may nation just like the garre, gariire people. They live in gobolka liiban next to dagoodia who they compete for resources.

There’s no daarood clan that identifies as daarood even in politics. Geri koombe is considered the smallest in darood yet they’re referred as geri koombe even by the other clans and oromo and not daarood. Your Djibouti example is not a good example bc daarod are not native to Djibouti and don’t have their villages there they are urban dwelling families not different from a samaroon family in bosasso. Hawiye in galbeed is just like the Dir surre gadsan they’re very small.
I think it's more to do with the fact people have little knowledge of them. Why say your subclan "Surre" and be met with tons of questions like "Halkee degtiin" "Yay galaan" it would get repetitive and annoying to explain yourself everytime you're questioned about your clan when you're out of your home district or region. Just more simple to just say "Dir" ama "Dirta Koonfur"

People backhome are not like us who learn about far-away clans through forums or socials willingly or unwillingly.

yes i agree with You.

Surre and Gaadsan had SSNM(Southern SNM) and were allied with Gen Caydiid so SL supported them against HG and Hawadle "because they were supporting SNM"

There is Nothern Dir Jeegaan between Isaaq(Habar awal) and ISSA against Gadabursi in Saylac in exchange of Habar awal getting looked after in Djibouti and Muuse biixi is Habar awal so besides IOG they have both Jeegaan within Dir.
Not true

Go ask surre and gaadsn of galbeed who they fought in the 80s. The battles took place in afdheer the Cawlyahan put aal of their defense in afdheer- luuq front and Dir yr yar moved their front inside galbeed where the derg armed them. They ended up loosing everything they owned north of the river where they know skirmish with degodia for the other side of the river near liibaan.
Your knowledge of the Geography and clans is lacking. The Surre majority district of Dolobay is mainly North of the River extending into Bohol Garas and Qoney Surres areas of Somalia which are also North of the river so what land have they lost in your imaginary narrative?

Map.PNG

Furthermore, the Gaadsan are divided into two; the Jarrati ones have always been South of the River where most of the district is located whilst the Bakool/Bare ones have always lived North of the River, I mean Washaaqo is in both Bare and Bakool districts far North from the river and is still inhabited by them so where did you get this idea that Gaadsan in Southern K5 as a whole now live only South of the river? This is a video of them protesting in Washaqo, Bare district regarding how their Kebele is not not given their fair represention in the district:

This is a video of Washaaqo, Bakool across the border also inhabited by Gaadsan in which they welcome a candidate for parliamentary elections in Somalia:

They do not help isaaq when they attack an OG subclan in the corner of afdheer but they lose more and more because no isaq will come to their help. About isaaq helping Dir in hiiraan flood that’s a lie the money inwas handed to ugaaska xawaadle and the gudi who were xawaadle. Don’t tell me there not pro Dir when they tell you am Dir from the moment you see them. You’ll never see isaaq cise it samaroon say am dir they all introduce themselves as their clan.

Brush up on your histroy, Surre were fighting mainly in their lands across the border in the Bohol Garas and Qoney areas of Luuq/Dolow district where there was bad blood due to Kacaanka, not Ethiopia. It was the Gaadsans who were fighting Cawlayahan in Jarrati and Bare due to old clan feuds, not out of helping Isaaq, until the Derg put a stop to fighting with each clan staying on their side of the river. The Isaaq just helped with our struggle by using their Ethiopian connections to ensure we got the necessary arms:

As for Somaliland assisting Reer Hiiraan Surre, you are confusing the Dam money with flood aid they directly gave us not via a third party when they visited Hiiraan. Why do you think their representatives personally visited our towns personally instead of just staying in Beledweyne? You are talking about shit you do not know :camby::

Actually, apart from Surre no one else really identifies as Dir and it is not because of Qabilism but because a Dir macro identity existed when our ancestors migrated from Waqooyi and Galbeed to non-Dir areas in historical times hence the label stuck. Nothing necessarily to do with being Pro-Dir even though I will agree that Surre generally wear Dirnimo on their sleeve. Nonetheless, we are also at fault in modern times for not stopping with this identification habit. The Karanle Hawiye in Ethiopia are the same in this regard as they are not necessarily numerically small but live in areas where Daarood and Dir are more concentrated/dominant/numerous such as in Sitti, Jarar and Fiq.
Who are the Garremare? I’ve never heard of them what clan do they fall under. I’ve heard of Beydisle just that they’re gugundhabe but I don’t know much about them either. Do you mind shedding some light on these two clans and their deegaans

The Garremare are Bantus like the Shidle. The Beydisle are Gugundhabe Hawiye as you know. The former mainly live in Dolo Odo whilst the Beydisle live next to Dolo Bay Surres and Gaadsans near the border with Jarrati in riverside settlements of their own. They intermarry with us and the Gaadsan of Jarrati woreda, good folk.

Last edited:
I didn’t even know what hawiye was until a few years ago. I was always just taught I was Abgaal
abgaal is a big clan so big that they go after each other. You’ll be more appreciative of the Hawiye name when you only gain but
Your knowledge of the Geography and clans is lacking. The Surre majority district of Dolobay is mainly North of the River extending into Bohol Garas and Qoney Surres areas of Somalia which are also North of the river so what land have they lost in your imaginary narrative?

View attachment 253324

Furthermore, the Gaadsan are divided into two; the Jarrati ones have always been South of the River where most of the district is located whilst the Bakool/Bare ones have always lived North of the River, I mean Washaaqo is in both Bare and Bakool districts far North from the river and is still inhabited by them so where did you get this idea that Gaadsan in Southern K5 as a whole now live only South of the river? This is a video of them protesting in Washaqo, Bare district regarding how their Kebele is not not given their fair represention in the district:

This is a video of Washaaqo, Bakool across the border also inhabited by Gaadsan in which they welcome a candidate for parliamentary elections in Somalia:

Brush up on your histroy, Surre were fighting mainly in their lands across the border in the Bohol Garas and Qoney areas of Luuq/Dolow district where there was bad blood due to Kacaanka, not Ethiopia. It was the Gaadsans who were fighting Cawlayahan in Jarrati due to old clan feuds, not out of helping Isaaq, until the Derg put a stop to fighting with each clan staying on their side of the river. The Isaaq just helped with our struggle by using their Ethiopian connections to ensure we got the necessary arms:

As for Somaliland assisting Reer Hiiraan Surre, you are confusing the Dam money with aid they directly gave us not via a third party when they visited Hiiraan. Why do you think their representatives personally visited our towns personally instead of just staying in Beledweyne? You are talking about shit you do not know :camby::

Actually, apart from Surre no one else really identifies as Dir and it is not because of Qabilism but because a Dir macro identity existed when our ancestors migrated from Waqooyi and Galbeed to non-Dir areas in historical times hence the label stuck. Nothing necessarily to do with being Pro-Dir even though I will agree that Surre generally wear Dirnimo on their sleeve. Nonetheless, we are also at fault in modern times for not stopping with this identification habit. The Karanle Hawiye in Ethiopia are the same in this regard as they are not necessarily numerically small but live in areas where Daarood and Dir are more concentrated/dominant/numerous such as in Sitti, Jarar and Fiq.

The Garremare are Bantus like the Shidle. The Beydisle are Gugundhabe Hawiye as you know. The former mainly live in Dolo Odo whilst the Beydisle live next to Dolo Bay Surres and Gaadsans near the border with Jarrati in riverside settlements of their own. They intermarry with us and the Gaadsan of Jarrati woreda, good folk.
Dolowbay as a district is shared 60% of the land is cawlyahn OG only 40% is inhibited by the Dir yar yar which is actually just next to the river. The main town of dolowbay is mainly fiqi muhumed that’s why they get the gudomiye while Cawlyahan get the aminiga and other xafiised. You also got it wrong in the 80s Most of the battles took place in luuq all the way to galbeed and involved all the Dir yar yar.

Surre is a minority tribe. They live in a small corner of Cabudwaaq called Xeraale. Dolo Bay district is shared with Fiqi Muhhmed and Cawlyahan Ogaden. Cawlyahan also live in Luuq district where they’ve been heavily marginalized since 1981

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
abgaal is a big clan so big that they go after each other. You’ll be more appreciative of the Hawiye name when you only gain but
I think it just comes down to deegaan. A Hawiye from a majority hawiye region wouldn’t for the most part identify as Hawiye same way a Darood from a majority darood region wouldn’t identify as darood but his sub instead. Just 200 years ago Abgaal where identiting as Darandolle at large and today most Abgaals don’t even know what’s Darandolle is. Vast majority of Somalis identify with their subs first

Don’t get me wrong I am very appreciative of being hawiye, proudly hawiye matter of fact. It’s just that growing up I was taught my abtirsi ending at Abgaal. Hell when I was a kid I used to think only habargidir where hawiye not knowing I was one the whole time

Surre is a minority tribe. They live in a small corner of Cabudwaaq called Xeraale. Dolo Bay district is shared with Fiqi Muhhmed and Cawlyahan Ogaden. Cawlyahan also live in Luuq district where they’ve been heavily marginalized since 1981
It was siyad bare going after spm that made it hard for Cawlyahan to live anywhere near gedo they fought the derg because of siyad bare and he turned on them using the somali army because they were the founders of spm in jubaland.

We Surre are not that clanist, secondly we used the Dir identity because we started going barbaric on eachother in the 90s. So we stopped sub sub sub clans division.
Most of us live in a very nomadic lifestyle, where we're constantly moving around somaliweyn for water and green land.
Only recently have we started settling down in places.
It's funny how everyone claims to be large, tho there have been no census for decades.

Dolowbay as a district is shared 60% of the land is cawlyahn OG only 40% is inhibited by the Dir yar yar which is actually just next to the river. The main town of dolowbay is mainly fiqi muhumed that’s why they get the gudomiye while Cawlyahan get the aminiga and other xafiised. You also got it wrong in the 80s Most of the battles took place in luuq all the way to galbeed and involved all the Dir yar yar.

You don't even a town of note in the district yet you settle 60% of it.:comeon::wtfdis:

We Surre are not that clanist, secondly we used the Dir identity because we started going barbaric on eachother in the 90s. So we stopped sub sub sub clans division.
Most of us live in a very nomadic lifestyle, where we're constantly moving around somaliweyn for water and green land.
Only recently have we started settling down in places.
It's funny how everyone claims to be large, tho there have been no census for decades.

Mfkers being claiming it since time immemorial, nothing to do with intra-clan wars. They are also just as clannist as the next Skinny savage hence why you would get sub sub beef.

Last edited:

You don't even a town of note in the district yet you settle 60% of it.:comeon::wtfdis:

Mfkers being claiming it since time immemorial, nothing to do with intra-clan wars. They are also just as clannist as the next Skinny savage hence why you would get sub sub beef.
That's what I was told by an uncle who had few bullets in his body, because of Fiqi Maxamed & Qubeys beefing with each other.
When I was a kid all i knew was Cumar Fiqi, not even Fiqi Maxamed, forget about Abdi Abdalle, Gutaale, Abdalle or Surre.
I learned them all few years ago.
Everyone was Dir and Darood for me

Dolowbay is a business town and farming field itself most fuqu Muhumed live in the town while the rest of the district is Cawlyahan towns like hiloquran famous gas field town where the largest oil field outside of jeexdin conole are located. You’re are small farming community of xer that only settled recently everywhere while the Ogaden are camel herders with tuulos in every inch of dolowbay. The town dolobay is so diverse that the top 3seats only 1 goes to fiqi muhumed that tells you why it’s a shared district.

Go ask surre and gaadsn of galbeed who they fought in the 80s. The battles took place in afdheer the Cawlyahan put aal of their defense in afdheer- luuq front and Dir yr yar moved their front inside galbeed where the derg armed them. They ended up loosing everything they owned north of the river where they know skirmish with degodia for the other side of the river near liibaan. They do not help isaaq when they attack an OG subclan in the corner of afdheer but they lose more and more because no isaq will come to their help. About isaaq helping Dir in hiiraan flood that’s a lie the money inwas handed to ugaaska xawaadle and the gudi who were xawaadle. Don’t tell me there not pro Dir when they tell you am Dir from the moment you see them. You’ll never see isaaq cise it samaroon say am dir they all introduce themselves as their clan.
this guy hijacks the threads every time with his BS videos his main point is that they don't want to clash with Daarood because of Ileey and liyu police helping them in Hiiraan and Daarood media supporting them in lower shabelle. That is gone now even reerow hassan oo qar ka tuurey are now gacmo ku gabad. CAGJAR Is a respectful leader and we are part of Dulmidiid and TPLF is gone that why we are moving back to Feerfeer Ethiopia and are building Feerfeer somalia a war zone area since 77. Some of SL funds for floods was given to them directly we got something like 500k and they 200k..

Yes Surre are not Irirists but they r now supporting Isaaq strongly bc they fund them and call them Maha dir theur branch.

Last edited:
this guy hijacks the threads every time with his BS videos his main point is that they don't want to clash with Daarood because of Ileey and liyu police helping them in Hiiraan and Daarood media supporting them in lower shabelle. That is gone now even reerow hassan oo qar ka tuurey are now gacmo ku gabad. CAGJAR Is a respectful leader and we are part of Dulmidiid and TPLF is gone that why we are moving back to Feerfeer Ethiopia and are building Feerfeer somalia a war zone area since 77. Some of SL funds for floods was given to them directly we got something like 500k and they 200k..

Yes Surre are not Irirists but they r now supporting Isaaq strongly bc they fund them and call them Maha dir.
Horta midkan Xawaadle isagoon Surre ka hadlin ma seexdo miyaa?

LOL i never thought of them. Isaaq reminded me of them in the context of Dir we do'nt feel if they even exist.
That doesn't seem to be the case, on every platform including here on SSpot there's always a Xawaadle who writes long essays full of lies about Surre.
Even in YouTube comments section there's always a Xawaadle who says something like waligey Surre ma maqline yey yihiin with insults at the end of their comments, same on Tiktok, FB and every other platform.

Yes Surre are not Irirists but they r now supporting Isaaq strongly bc they fund them and call them Maha dir theur branch.

Cagjar is a cool headed guy and against the dulmi the tplf did on many somali clans including the dhulbahante who were marginalized through tplf politics.

Dolowbay is a business town and farming field itself most fuqu Muhumed live in the town while the rest of the district is Cawlyahan towns like hiloquran famous gas field town where the largest oil field outside of jeexdin conole are located. You’re are small farming community of xer that only settled recently everywhere while the Ogaden are camel herders with tuulos in every inch of dolowbay. The town dolobay is so diverse that the top 3seats only 1 goes to fiqi muhumed that tells you why it’s a shared district.
How dumb are you to quote a town in Hargele District (Hila-Quraan)?:comeon:

Map2.PNG

The one you are confusing it with is settled by Degodi and Beydisle, not Ogaden.

HE3.PNG

HE.PNG

The district is shared but Fiqi Maxamed Surres are the majority hence why the centre of administration has always been in their main town of Dolobay and FM have traditionally been the governor of the district. FM are also not settled farmers but pastoralists who have only started taking up farming hence why their grazing lands extend into Somalia and near the border with Barey where they link up with Gaadsan. OGs do not have noticeable presence in the district. The only other clans who do are the Garimare, Beydisle and some Degoodi; they mainly live South of the Weyib river whilst the FM are concentrated in the North.

HE2.PNG

this guy hijacks the threads every time with his BS videos his main point is that they don't want to clash with Daarood because of Ileey and liyu police helping them in Hiiraan and Daarood media supporting them in lower shabelle. That is gone now even reerow hassan oo qar ka tuurey are now gacmo ku gabad. CAGJAR Is a respectful leader and we are part of Dulmidiid and TPLF is gone that why we are moving back to Feerfeer Ethiopia and are building Feerfeer somalia a war zone area since 77.
Sahal, in the digital age we live in, why waste time on text when a video suffices when making a point? You yourself are guilty of spamming the forum with your own FBook videos so why the anger sxb? We go way back old foe so let us keep it civil, I Luff You too Brother.

Some of SL funds for floods was given to them directly we got something like 500k and they 200k..

You and your Dirphobia. I still remember that thread on Somnet when you got emotional and opened a thread calling for the ethnic cleansing of all Southern Dir by deporting them to Somaliland. :damn:

You had it bad man between 214-2015 when we were beefing bad!

At least nowadays the spotlight is off us a little bit with your Hawiyephobia. How long is it before your Ciilaan Ruuxaan switches back to Somaliland/Dir/Djibouti and AS being state sponsored terrorism?:lolbron:

Trending

Latest posts