Has anyone here tried wegene.com for ancestry testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a website based in China, it basically works like gedmatch.com where you plug in the raw data from a company that you already tested with (like 23andme or AncestryDNA) and it breaks down the categories into more specific ones. I wanna try it with my AncestryDNA data cause it has a Somali category :patrice: Has anyone used it? What were your results?

Here's the layout of the test results:
Ancestry_DNA_We_Gene_Updated_Results.png

Never done anything like this. How does this whole thing even work?

Have you heard of ancestry testing? Basically there's two main companies people do ancestry testing at (23andme and AncestryDNA) and they give you a rough estimate of what your ancestry is. Then you can take the data and use it with other websites to break down the ethnicity categories (like this one)

Last edited:
Have you heard of ancestry testing? Basically there's two main companies people do it at (23andme and AncestryDNA) and they give you a rough estimate of what your ancestry is. Then you can take the data and use it with other websites to break down the ethnicity categories (like this one)

Have you?

Have you heard of ancestry testing? Basically there's two main companies people do it at (23andme and AncestryDNA) and they give you a rough estimate of what your ancestry is. Then you can take the data and use it with other websites to break down the ethnicity categories (like this one)
Interesting. I might do it. I should expect nothing less than 99% East African

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending