Has any Harari Taken a ydna

@Mujahid Nur Marehan

That's impossible! Karanle of the 4 subclans
- Gidir
- sexawle
- kaariye
- murusade.(waadheere)

I understand if you were to say that karanle's of Ethiopia's DNA may differ maternaly due to (possible) intermarriage with non somali women, however from the father's side absolutely not.

Whats your reasoning behind this?

@Mujahid Nur Marehan

That's impossible! Karanle of the 4 subclans
- Gidir
- sexawle
- kaariye
- murusade.(waadheere)

I understand if you were to say that karanle's of Ethiopia's DNA may differ maternaly due to (possible) intermarriage with non somali women, however from the father's side absolutely not.

Whats your reasoning behind this?
Its early days. Its possible that a large percentage of the Karanle share the same paternal Y haplogroup. However so far there seems to be a pattern of the Somali clans that don't border each generally don't seem to share a paternal Y haplogroup. It makes sense because when sub clans establish themself in other regions they used to displace the native clans or allow them to assimilate into their clan.

Last edited:
Okay interesting, I'm not very familiar with the haplogroups, what are the most common haplogroups within the Somalis? What's halpgroup T?

Okay, I heard someone saying something about the Israafiil Sabti tribe of murusade has a different haplogroup than its fellow clans men?

Do you know anything about that?

Okay, I heard someone saying something about the Israafiil Sabti tribe of murusade has a different haplogroup than its fellow clans men?

Do you know anything about that?
So far 2 Karanle have taken the test Murusade he is EV32, he has upgraded to yfull so he will know wich sub clade of EV32 he is. Another Karanle on 23sndme is said to belong to haplogroup T.

Not sure. But I'm assuming he was must have originated in Zeiyla, and Dire Dawe region and moved more interior into the Hararghe region. Did you know Karanle and some Marehan reer Diini and reer Garaad and ina Nur sub clans of Marehan share Babili Town, it would be fascinating to know what haplogroups those communities are.

Last edited:
Interesting, I do know that the Karanle were the Garaads of the Hobat since before Imam ahmed gurey as his father Garad Ibrahim was and garad Abun adaadshe.

I did hear that ibn nur was his nephew (sister's son).Allaahu a'lam.

Tradition testifies Emir Nur Mujahid was from Somali-Darod tribe of Marehan"

You can read the journal piece here;

The German got the complete name of Emir Nur down saying he is;

Nur Ali Abdullahi of ad-Dhuha Suha/Marehan

Marehan have his abtirsi down as

Nur Ali Abdullahi Nur Yusuf Mataan Ciis Ahmed Mohamed Da'ud Abadir of reer Hodanbari/Mareexaan.

http://www.abtirsi.com/view.php?person= ... irsiLang=1

Notice his family surname is listed as ad-Dhuha Suha family in the German piece and in Marehan geneology he is part of reer Hodanbari

Dhuha = morning
Suha: beautiful/amazing

Hodan: wealthy/amazing (dhulkaan waa hodan)
Bari ; daybreak/early morning (nabad ku bari)

The family name is basically "waking up to a beautiful, vibrant morning" or "morning light"

There's other sources independent of this that are from the 1970s that state he is Marehan. Marehan inherited the Adal Sultanate after the Imam's death. Emir Nur's descendants, the Ina Nur guarded his tomb in Harar to this day.

Interesting, I do know that the Karanle were the Garaads of the Hobat since before Imam ahmed gurey as his father Garad Ibrahim was and garad Abun adaadshe.

I did hear that ibn nur was his nephew (sister's son).Allaahu a'lam.
After the death of Ugaas Diini in Galmudug, some of his sons moved back to Babili, while some sub clans of reer Garaad and reer ina Nur Marehan's never left Babili.

Okay Mashallah.

I'll definitely ask my Dad aswell for more info.

There is a possibility they were related as his sister could have been married to a marehaan

@Mujahid Nur Marehan

A well known business man named Ahmed marehaan was from that tribe.

Re- DNA testing according to my Dad, the Somalis intermarry quite often from, harar, babile, funya biro all the way to Iimey (where the karanle's also live), liiban zone.

My father is heavy mixed with ogaden, Geri kombe, even harari.

He said something interesting about Harari, he mentions that they are like the reer Xamar of mugadisho. They came from the middle east, like modern day saudi, Iraq and Oman. They married the locals of of Harar and they claim the tribe that they mix with.

He said there are even some hararis that claim Geri or karanle or Ogaden due to 'iskaashato'.

Also, it's worth noting that a sub clan of Karanle called 'Kaariye' is almost extinct. They were heavily oromofied and have mixed heavily with the hararis and oromos.

So theres not much left of them.

Trending