Breaking News Harden traded to Brooklyn Nets

Is that, good? I don't even pretend to know this stuff. I just heard that there was drama in Houston loool.
Yeah, in the short term it's great. Brooklyn just acquired a top 5 player in James Harden, they already have another in Kevin Durant, and another top 15 player in Kyrie Irving. They're the most talented team in the NBA now, they should win this year and next year, provided everyone stays healthy.

Durant and Harden are kinda old and will fall off with in a few years, Irving is also very injury prone; in the long-term it will be bad in every case Brooklyn won't have the first round picks it needs to acquire new, young players to make up for the aging (not that you can easily replace a superstar).

Desert Flower

Staff Member
Yeah, in the short term it's great. Brooklyn just acquired a top 5 player in James Harden, they already have another in Kevin Durant, and another top 15 player in Kyrie Irving. They're the most talented team in the NBA now, they should win this year and next year, provided everyone stays healthy.

Durant and Harden are kinda old and will fall off with in a few years, Irving is also very injury prone; in the long-term it will be bad in every case Brooklyn won't have the first round picks it needs to acquire new, young players to make up for the aging (not that you can easily replace a superstar).
You're right, time flies. I remember when Durant and Harden were the newer cats, along with Kyrie even. The first two are in their 30's now. I never thought I'd see Brooklyn being a championship contender.

zubeirrrrrr

Staff Member
They got rid of half their team. How will they win a championship? And btw Kyrie’s immediate future is uncertain.
They lost all their depth with Caris & Jarret gone. Spencer had an ACL injury. For me to say they’ll “easily” win a chip was absurd I’ll take that one back. If the 3 can manage to coexist they have a high shot at becoming champs. They lack defense which is a huge negative though.

Trending

Latest posts