Hararis

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
their language is Semitic in origin, they are descendants of harla people, these harlas are mysterious to me, some say, they are linked to Somalis, or some harlas have been assimilated by Somalis, but what I'm sure of is that, they aren't Oromos, maybe habesha.

their language is Semitic in origin, they are descendants of harla people, these harlas are mysterious to me, some say, they are linked to Somalis, or some harlas have been assimilated by Somalis, but what I'm sure of is that, they aren't Oromos, maybe habesha.
I believe the hararis of today are fake hararis who are of omotic origin cuz If you look at pictures of hararis half of them look omotic and habesha and some of them look Yemeni

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Are these people Oromo or habesha or are they mixed with Somalis?
first of all Harari is not an ethnic group its a city where different ethnic groups such as somalis afars and argobbas came together as harari

The ethnic group was created when The Somali emir of Harar nur ibn mujahid built the walls of Harar and convinced the people of Harar to abandon their clan and tribal identities and become one people, the Harari nation.

Apollo

VIP
They descend from Amharas who moved Eastwards and then mixed with Somalis and even to some extent with Middle Easterners and South Asians (foreign merchants). Their ethnic base however is mostly Amhara-like (majority of their origin). They aren't truly native to Harar if you go back far enough.

There are some Amhara-like groups who are Muslim, another one is called Argobba.

m10422_et.png

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
They descend from Amharas who moved Eastwards and then mixed with Somalis and even to some extent with Middle Easterners and South Asians (foreign merchants). Their ethnic base however is mostly Amhara-like (majority of their origin). They aren't truly native to Harar if you go back far enough.

There are some Amhara-like groups who are Muslim, another one is called Argobba.

m10422_et.png
makes sence since hararis speak a language similar to argobbas also apparently somalis used to border amharas before the Oromo expansion only since at least the last 500 years did we border oromos

Som

VIP
Are these people Oromo or habesha or are they mixed with Somalis?
Hararis speak a semitic language but try are closely related to ancient Harla people.
Some scholars belive that Harlas are also the ancestors of many Somali clans.
Many hararis are definitely mixed with oromos and somalis after hundre6 of years living with them

Hararis speak a semitic language but try are closely related to ancient Harla people.
Some scholars belive that Harlas are also the ancestors of many Somali clans.
Many hararis are definitely mixed with oromos and somalis after hundre6 of years living with them
So are harlas Himyarites who settled in horn and intermarried within some darood clans hence why daroods claim arab ancestory

Hararis are not amharas at all, They are a native ethiosemitic population that was cut off from other habeshas due to the fall of aksum and the oromo expansion, They then diversivied and became their own ethnic group with their own language such as the other habeshas also did ,They are very similar to other ethiosemites like gurage tigray and amhara, They have additional ancestry though that other ethiosemites dont have such as somali dna slight arab and south asian dna, But no they are not harla since nothing is know about harla and they also never claimed harla since recently

So are harlas Himyarites who settled in horn and intermarried within some darood clans hence why daroods claim arab ancestory
Damn bro you are one dumbass nigga, Why are you always alluding to mysterious links with other non horner populations, The simple fact that Habeshas as the gurage hararis amharas and tigrays are the result of mixing between a ethnic cushitic population and a semitic population that arrived later but still well before the advent of islam and christianity, First of all cushites are the result of mixing between a natufian like population and a proto nilote population that happened a 5000 to 8000 years ago, Pure cushites like somalis are made up entirely of that particular genetic makeup while less pure cushitic descended groups like amharas are made of additional non african dna which is around 20 procent semitic dna which we dont have other cushites like oromos also have heavy omotic ancestry as well which we dont have either, Stop asking dumb questions and focus on finding more information on genetic forums, This has clearly been established and is fact you can not arguee with dna testing you can not argue with science i dont care about what random odays say to you in the local cafe

Damn bro you are one dumbass nigga, Why are you always alluding to mysterious links with other non horner populations, The simple fact that Habeshas as the gurage hararis amharas and tigrays are the result of mixing between a ethnic cushitic population and a semitic population that arrived later but still well before the advent of islam and christianity, First of all cushites are the result of mixing between a natufian like population and a proto nilote population that happened a 5000 to 8000 years ago, Pure cushites like somalis are made up entirely of that particular genetic makeup while less pure cushitic descended groups like amharas are made of additional non african dna which is around 20 procent semitic dna which we dont have other cushites like oromos also have heavy omotic ancestry as well which we dont have either, Stop asking dumb questions and focus on finding more information on genetic forums, This has clearly been established and is fact you can not arguee with dna testing you can not argue with science i dont care about what random odays say to you in the local cafe
Your beliefs in science is a joke you sound like a ignorant who doesn’t read history :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ::russ::russ:

Som

VIP
Hararis are not amharas at all, They are a native ethiosemitic population that was cut off from other habeshas due to the fall of aksum and the oromo expansion, They then diversivied and became their own ethnic group with their own language such as the other habeshas also did ,They are very similar to other ethiosemites like gurage tigray and amhara, They have additional ancestry though that other ethiosemites dont have such as somali dna slight arab and south asian dna, But no they are not harla since nothing is know about harla and they also never claimed harla since recently
I guess that the harlas are nothing but the ancestors of modern hararis who became muslim around the 9th - 10th century . I know there is not much evidence on the Harla people but if they lived in the "hararghe" area they are probably proto- hararis

Which history are you talking about, Almost all groups in horn of africa that claim arab lineage through clan founders dont exist sorry bro, This is fact
There you go again with arab claiming myth no one is claiming arab dayus ancestory but Somalis are mixed nation we got ethnic Somalis who look arab,south Asian,chinse,European,nigga we got the longest coastline Somalis were known seafarers you making seem like all Somalis were nomads your dna thing is based on ignorance

I guess that the harlas are nothing but the ancestors of modern hararis who became muslim around the 9th - 10th century . I know there is not much evidence on the Harla people but if they lived in the "hararghe" area they are probably proto- hararis
Maybe, if the harlas were the name of a previous ethiosemitic population that lived there before islam, Because hararis are for the most part genetically ethiosemites

Som

VIP
Maybe, if the harlas were the name of a previous ethiosemitic population that lived there before islam, Because hararis are for the most part genetically ethiosemites
What is the most common haplogroup among hararis?
Many amharas carry E1b1b like us , at this point the difference between ethio-semitic and cushitic is very slim.

What is the most common haplogroup among hararis?
Many amharas carry E1b1b like us , at this point the difference between ethio-semitic and cushitic is very slim.
Its mostly e1b1b1 as well but they have large semitic autosomal dna around 20 percent the same way the highlanders also have

They're not a real ethnicity. Just a bunch of people lumped together because they lived in Harar. It was a Somali who gave them their identity.