Haram police isn't a thing

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
I find it sad that our ummah has gotten to a point where if one sins in public we cannot advise them because then we would be called haram police. Don't get me wrong we all sin, including me. But Haram police is one who bossily or forcefully talks about your sins. I saw a girl twerking with a hijab(not an actual hijab but scarf/qamar) and captioned it "here comes the haram police" She's acknowledging the sins she's doing and then claims that we're judging. Judging is "your going to hell" not "sister this is haram please know what you are doing". I saw another man bragging about his abs and the comments were like this is haram and he's like "mind your business " "only Allah can judge" Advising someone is now impossible because the sins are seen as fun and cool. "periodt don't let anyone tell you what do to" If the sahaba did that, we’d all be everything but Muslims. This is not to say, you force people, but when you see something bad happening, it is your duty as a Muslim to call it out. It's more of a sin to ignore someone's sin rather than not telling them. "its haram to judge" So you would rather i not speak on it and hype them up? Call me haram police I would love that title if that what it takes. If one sinned in public back in the prophet's day, do you think the sahabas would be like ayyy yess or would they warn them on what they are doing? As Muslims, we need to realize that haram is a very very strong word. We can’t just be saying it whenever and having no evidence to back it up. As Muslims that’s wrong and even scholars know that and will call something disliked or makruh instead of haram because they know how strong that word is and only Allah is the one who decides what’s haram and what’s not. Judgment and Guidance needs to be separated. You should let someone know if they're doing something wrong but don't judge them or call them bad Muslim. If no one told others what they are doing is wrong then they will not know what to do. Pretty sure it's mandatory for a Muslim to tell another Muslim if what they are doing is wrong. Enjoining good and forbidding evil with the common defense of "don't judge me'? we all know criticizing a person as a whole is wrong, like, "Brother, you are a terrible Muslim. You're going to hell" this is clearly unconstructive judgemental behavior. But I've seen people say it when others advise about a person's actions "Brother, it's not halal to drink". "Sister it's haram to wear tight clothing" Is this being judgemental and bringing out haram police, or is this enjoining good and forbidding evil?

People who use the word "haram police" are really saying "Let me sin in peace without being bothered"

Here's some proof, feel free to point out if what I said was wrong

“Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by hating it and feeling that it is wrong] – and that is the weakest of faith” (Narrated by Muslim, 49)

لُعِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِن بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ عَلَىٰ لِسَانِ دَاوُودَ وَعِيسَى ابْنِ مَرْيَمَ ذَٰلِكَ بِمَا عَصَوا وَّكَانُوا يَعْتَدُونَ
Cursed were those who disbelieved among the Children of Israel by the tongue of David and of Jesus, the son of Mary. That was because they disobeyed and [habitually] transgressed.

كَانُوا لَا يَتَنَاهَوْنَ عَن مُّنكَرٍ فَعَلُوهُ لَبِئْسَ مَا كَانُوا يَفْعَلُونَ They used not to prevent one another from wrongdoing that they did. How wretched was that which they were doing. Quran 5:78-79

Villainess

Surah al-ashr
"Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience." Yes, it is our obligation to remind others what's wrong or right and be patient about it. But it's all Allah's plan at the end of the day. "Verily, Allah sends astray whom He wills, and guides whom He wills.” [Faatir, 35:8]

Villainess

also, you'll hardly see anyone forbidding the sins. So many Muslims shave their beards or don't wear proper hijab, sinning in public. Making your sins public is one of the worst things you can do since those who sin openly are not forgiven. When one sins publicly, he makes it seem like what he is doing is permissible to those with less knowledge or at least tempts others to fall into this sin. This causes corruption in society. Please let the beard grow and cut the mustache. For sisters, please wear hijab meaning wear loose, opaque clothing that covers everything (including feet) except for face and hands. I'm pretty sure I made a valid argument today.

Villainess

i think so its a kind of police that inforces islamic law i.e gives u fines or beats u for not being islamic enough
no lol "haram police" isn't that. Haram police are people who attack on social media. If i wear to post a picture of me with no hijab and people comment saying its haram and they start to judge me then THATS haram police.

Villainess

For example “You should wear your hijab properly!!!”, it’s not their business to talk about who does that. Especially girls who aren’t covered up say that stuff to other girls who are covered
I talked about that. read it I agree, one must look after themselves first

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
no lol "haram police" isn't that. Haram police are people who attack on social media. If i wear to post a picture of me with no hijab and people comment saying its haram and they start to judge me then THATS haram police.
lool thats shaqa lacaan