Hala'ib Triangle

The Hala'ib Triangle belongs to:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
I was just looking at a map and noticed this strange situation along Egypt's and Sudan's border.

Who do you say owns it?

724px-Map_of_Halaib_Triangle-en.png

News report on it:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Yes I heard about it. Even some dumb cadaans tried to claim that land kkkkkkkk but only the small part below aka BIR TAWIL

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
I think it is clearly Egyptian territory. It is an arbitrary border anyway, makes sense for it to continue until the sea.

Apollo

VIP
I think it is clearly Egyptian territory. It is an arbitrary border anyway, makes sense for it to continue until the sea.

Why though?

The people there are ethnically Beja more connected to Nubians and Sudanese Arabs than to Egyptians.

The other areas on that straight line outside the Nile Valley are uninhabited, but Hala'ib is inhabited by some nomads.

There are some minerals and of course there is a coastline making it more valuable than elsewhere along the border.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Why though?

The people there are ethnically Beja more connected to Nubians and Sudanese Arabs than to Egyptians.

The other areas on that straight line outside the Nile Valley are uninhabited, but Hala'ib is inhabited by some nomads.

There are some minerals and of course there is a coastline making it more valuable than elsewhere along the border.
even the nomads in the video hinted to that as they dont feel egyptian but more sudanese
i think hes right about that after all hes a beja whoes related to the nubians and sudanese arabs rather then Egyptians

if halaib has minerals this might escalate in to a war as both sides will be unwilling to give it up, why does this strange border even exist

Cushitic territory extends all the way to modern day Aswan. Anything East of Aswan bordering the Red Sea is traditionally Northern Cushitic grazing territory.

There's a Somali on the UN Supreme Court. Is Egypt afraid to go to court, :lol: ?

DOOh-5bXcAI3Ol2.jpg:large

this is one of the times i appreciate the landerness of majerteen, thank god this man is MJ, if he was hawiye or marehan he would have sold out ages ago,

or worse an 1door he would say i am somalilander,

mjatereen waa like ogaden, the only ones who truly stand for darood affairs, and care about somali affairs

we should make this man the vice president of jubaland after he steps down if he does the right thing,

Mj waa sometimes emotional but they usually place darood affairs at heart,

The people living there are ethnically more closer to the Sudanese than to the Egyptians. Therefore, it would make more sense for the territory to be governed by Sudan.

Referendum is the best route to settle the dispute.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
@Cauli allways defend our fellow cushite brothers in sudans so am obiously with sudan also this is technically sudanese land as its inhabited by its people who dont identify as egyptian even egyptians dont accept them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.