Haile Selassie was so racist omg

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
"When Haile Selassie fled to London, [Marcus] Garvey tried to contact him but was snubbed, and it was reported that "the emperor did not desire any contact with 'Negroes."

Source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=9E6aAAAAIAAJ&q="When+Haile+Selassie+fled+to+London"&dq="When+Haile+Selassie+fled+to+London"&hl=en&ei=R-hJTtTSFMrv0gGkqqjrBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&redir_esc=y

Furthermore, "When Haile Selassie arrived in London he was interviewed by the Nigerian Daily Times about Ethiopia's racial identity, whether the Ethiopians regarded themselves as Africans, and why they looked down upon the Black people. Haile Selassie replied that the color bar allegations were Italian fabrications. He reaffirmed, however, that Ethiopians were not, and did not regard themselves as negroes, as they were a Hamito-Semitic people."

Source: https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ubUtAQAAIAAJ&q="When+Haile+Selassie+arrived+in+London+he+was+interviewed"&dq="When+Haile+Selassie+arrived+in+London+he+was+interviewed"&hl=en&ei=5OdJTvm0EePi0QGu2eH1Bw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&redir_esc=y

emperor-of-ethiopia-haile-selassie-591736334-5c53447046e0fb00012b97dc.jpg

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
This will break Dr. Umars heart
I wouldn't care because the man mispronounces his name and forsakes his heritage.

He shouldn't call himself "oomar", he is umar, a man whose forefathers were almost certainly muslim.

he should be muslim and preach Islam.

mr.overeasy

The most eggcelent member
Well he's right...habeshas are not black. Most of them look very Jewish/SouthYemeni.
I have a problem with our definition of black.

If we are talking color east africans are certainly black.

we are noth ethnically like bantus at all, the cushitic peoples (its a misnomer I know) are ethnically different from their neighbors but we are still dark in color.

Somalis and the habeshis and sudanese are 100% black, but we aren't bantus like most of africa.

we are unique like how amazigh/berbers (morrocco, algeria, etc.) are different from arabs and other tan colored groups.

Trending