Habeshas claim Oromos came from Madagascar

1591016162543.jpeg

:mjlol::mjlol:
Harvard Historian btw

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Mashalah we also came from India, when I visited southern India, local people thought I was south Indian, they also wear Macaws like us and have the same tradition as us, I am pretty sure Somalis are originally from Southern India.
:)

Apollo

VIP
This is a false meme I have heard from Habeshas for a long time.

First of all, it is completely false and debunked.

But there is a pinch of truth to it, in that Oromos originally came from Southeast Ethiopia and then expanded Northwestwards. But there is no evidence that they came from Madagascar, that's just a straight up lie.

But there is a pinch of truth to it, in that Oromos originally came from Southeast Ethiopia and then expanded Northwestwards. But there is no evidence that they came from Madagascar, that's just a straight up lie.
Do borana oromos come from northern Kenya?

Apollo

VIP
Final q

Did Oromos assimilate/conquer Arsis?

I personally think so. Genetic data on Arsis seems to indicate they were something non-Oromo before they got Oromized. For example, Arsis have a lot of J1, which the original Oromos did not have.

Most of the groups who got conquered into Oromos were either something Agaw-like, Saho-Afar-like, or Somali-like (near Harar region). Some were former Omotics, especially near the SNNP border.

Oromos are the least homogeneous ethnic group in Ethiopia. They got diverse origins, even more so than Amharas.

Why do amharas have kinky hair? Dont they have a large amount of semite blood? Did they receive such hair from nilotic and omotic peoples?

One Habashi from the interweb claimed Somalis originated from the 'Bale' region in Ethiopia. He also said other shenanigans concerning ethnic relations in the horn, so I dismissed it as bs. Do we have connections to Bale?

Apollo

VIP
One Habashi from the interweb claimed Somalis originated from the 'Bale' region in Ethiopia. He also said other shenanigans concerning ethnic relations in the horn, so I dismissed it as bs. Do we have connections to Bale?

Habeshas are biased in proving that Somalis come from Ethiopia specifically (often they claim South Ethiopia because of spurious linguistic ties). I don't trust them when they make those theories. From my personal investigations on the origins of proto-Somalis (relying heavily on genetics and using linguistics as a secondary tool), I think it is most likely Somalia proper is where the earliest forms of Somali-like languages started.

Apollo

VIP
@Apollo Any major genetic connection between the two long rivals, Afar and Issa Somalis?

Djiboutian Afars are most likely a mixture between Ethiopian-Eritrean Afars and Issa Somalis. The Ethiopian-Eritrean Afars don't really have that close ties to Somalis. They are a stand alone group.

However, they are for Somalis the closest Ethiopian population, but the relationship is not that close overall.

Djiboutian Afars are most likely a mixture between Ethiopian-Eritrean Afars and Issa Somalis. The Ethiopian-Eritrean Afars don't really have that close ties to Somalis. They are a stand alone group.

However, they are for Somalis the closest Ethiopian population, but the relationship is not that close overall.
I saw one PCA that showed Ethiopian Afars overlapping quite nicely in the Habashi cluster. Are they very close, or are the specific distinct underlying signatures not captured in the projection?

I personally think so. Genetic data on Arsis seems to indicate they were something non-Oromo before they got Oromized. For example, Arsis have a lot of J1, which the original Oromos did not have.

Most of the groups who got conquered into Oromos were either something Agaw-like, Saho-Afar-like, or Somali-like (near Harar region). Some were former Omotics, especially near the SNNP border.

Oromos are the least homogeneous ethnic group in Ethiopia. They got diverse origins, even more so than Amharas.

Good to know. Used to wonder the Cadcad oromo including my old co-workers were too
cadcad. ileen J1 baa soo socday :)

Recently read a piece by an Ethiopian woman about the 1964 Ethio-Somali war claiming that Somalis originated from the North East and expanded into the Hawd only recently.

Their propaganda is subtle.

Trending