Habar Gidir Clan threatens war over being evicted from public land in Mogadishu

I think the sensitivity from said clan in the title is due to the government targeting and singling them to displace just them for business purposes and not for national ones, as seen many previous times. The government should formulate a city-wide mission to remove all illegal residents of public lands so that no one feels targeted or Singled out. Every Somali clan lives in dhul danguud; it just looks fishy when the government constantly points the finger at one clans lands so that it may be sold to business tycoons later instead of doing public work there. Charity starts at home President HSM should address the public lands his direct relatives hold forecfully.
WBTFQ

I don’t condone squatting and I do hear your point but this current government is not working on people’s behalf. They are trying to sell of these gov owned lands to private investors who hail from various qabiil. Not that long ago they tried buying an MCH. They even kicked out the ill, weak and vulnerable patients that were getting treated. It took 2 Murusade mp’s to come out and speak against this madness. The MCH was supporting ill, sick and vulnerable families since the 70s.

Well said, the government is not doing this with good intention rather to line their pockets on behalf of disadvantaged people. I remember the MCH fiasco and the whole of mogadishu was shocked.

I could provide more insight on this and why the said clan will most likely never move out of public lands, but I don't think the majority of the people here would like to read those insights or would most likely ban me.

1 day left
You have been saying that for over a year now and each time you are humiliated like the swine that you are, and humiliated once again today, government begged QoorQoor to mediate after all roads were blocked and armed citizens climbed high rises, not a single HG soldier or militia got involved just citizens

There is no clan that is squatting on public land as much as you, total count is 35 public lands that you have legalized for your citizens, what's good for the goose is good for gander, waan is naqaana once shots are fired.

Jungle

VIP
You have been saying that for over a year now and each time you are humiliated like the swine that you are, and humiliated once again today, government begged QoorQoor to mediate after all roads were blocked and armed citizens climbed high rises, not a single HG soldier or militia got involved just citizens

There is no clan that is squatting on public land as much as you, total count is 35 public lands that you have legalized for your citizens, what's good for the goose is good for gander, waan is naqaana once shots are fired.
You must be high sxb this been iyo booto you learned from you your former slave masters I'm pretty sure. Government begged qq kulaha. He is looking out for himself and saw it as an opening to boost his own image. Your own representatives flew off to galkacyo such as Qeybdiid who actually lives in seybiano, Fiqi and Dhabancad.

Can a HG police or military get involved in qabil affairs. Meesha dowlad ba jirto. If that was the case why didn't they do something about farmaajo/fahad and dog sadaq jon who terrorised his own people in Xamar? Did we hear any protests from you? How about when 700+ hg died in Guriceel? Gumeysi darood aad jeceshahiin see ila tahay

As for the waa isnaqaana comment, eboow dhulkaas dhagaxa idinku celiheeyna hadi xabad xamar ka bilaawato labo cali isweydin mee

You must be high sxb this been iyo booto you learned from you your former slave masters I'm pretty sure. Government begged qq kulaha. He is looking out for himself and saw it as an opening to boost his own image. Your own representatives flew off to galkacyo such as Qeybdiid who actually lives in seybiano, Fiqi and Dhabancad.

Can a HG police or military get involved in qabil affairs. Meesha dowlad ba jirto. If that was the case why didn't they do something about farmaajo/fahad and dog sadaq jon who terrorised his own people in Xamar? Did we hear any protests from you? How about when 700+ hg died in Guriceel? Gumeysi darood aad jeceshahiin see ila tahay

As for the waa isnaqaana comment, eboow dhulkaas dhagaxa idinku celiheeyna hadi xabad xamar ka bilaawato labo cali isweydin mee
You have a thing for spiralling threads into FKD. All your statements, including the untrue ones, have answers, but I would rather not engage. Stick to the topic and stop beating around the bush, Fadlan. The Habargidir in Dabdamiska have not been evicted today, and it's clear the government backed off. A quick Facebook search would be enough to find answers. The government is not serious and has been struggling to get Habargidir people to move out of public lands for months now, with the Dabdamis fiasco being the latest one that has become another failed mission.

P.S. throwing rocks from a glass house is not a good idea.

You have a thing for spiralling threads into FKD. All your statements, including the untrue ones, have answers, but I would rather not engage. Stick to the topic and stop beating around the bush, Fadlan. The Habargidir in Dabdamiska have not been evicted today, and it's clear the government backed off. A quick Facebook search would be enough to find answers. The government is not serious and has been struggling to get Habargidir people to move out of public lands for months now, with the Dabdamis fiasco being the latest one that has become another failed mission.

Why delay the inevitable? These 'neighbourhoods' will not meet any building standard or safety code and at some point, will have to be torn down anyway. Isn't it wiser, to lobby for a new neighbourhood to be built?

Why delay the inevitable? These 'neighbourhoods' will not meet any building standard or safety code and at some point, will have to be torn down anyway. Isn't it wiser, to lobby for a new neighbourhood to be built?
It certainly is wiser. But there are layers to this, which are funny because people believe they died for that land and are the rightful owners now. It's an ideological thing...

Jungle

VIP

Who tf are you? I won't engage kulaha. Doofaar cusub ku soo biiray sspot maa tahay?

If in Mogadishu, other clans are getting away with squatting on public land, it makes sense why this clan is refusing to move. They don't want to appear weak, I get that. But it's better to appear strong and wise, and use this incident to formulate a normal response such as

1. Point out other settlements in Mogadishu that are built on public land.
2. Ask for land to be given to rehouse these people, and that those new houses have to meet building standards etc.
3. Demand that ALL jiingad settlements are disbanded, and people rehoused, not just Dabdemiska.

Now, that would be a beautiful legacy, and a strong and decisive WIN.

But to allow warlords and other unsavoury characters to make threats, threatening warfare, causing public nuisances, waxaaso dhan only brings bad reputations.

Furthermore, if they don't negotiate for resettlement now, in future, when there is a real effective federal government, there will be far less negotiating power as all these people would get arrested.
Well said, sister. I think all the points you addressed are underway. The people WILL have to eventually move; they just want resettlement and compensation, which I am not sure the current government can provide or care to provide. They have pointed out that they aren't the only squatters and that all others should be dealt with equally or to be left in peace. Talks are underway, but if I were them, I would be weary of any representative, as most Xamar politicians are opportunists. They got into this situation initially cause of opportunist politicians who work with the current party in power (UPD) who are known for land grabbing.

Jungle

VIP
7 ministries. thats all I will say.
FB_IMG_1713621491588.jpg

Qabil xaaraan ku naax ah hadu jiro waa idinka

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
I think the sensitivity from said clan in the title is due to the government targeting and singling them to displace just them for business purposes and not for national ones, as seen many previous times. The government should formulate a city-wide mission to remove all illegal residents of public lands so that no one feels targeted or Singled out. Every Somali clan lives in dhul danguud; it just looks fishy when the government constantly points the finger at one clans lands so that it may be sold to business tycoons later instead of doing public work there. Charity starts at home President HSM should address the public lands his direct relatives hold forecfully.
WBTFQ
Inciting violence is a non-starter. There were many effective ways to protest. They could've taken silsilad and chained themselves to the buildings. They should've exercised their rights to freedom of speech like upright citizens and not threaten with violence and wanton killing. We have come a long way to fight over Jiingads. No?

I'm personally disappointed that these agent provocateurs have not been punished for their egregious endangerment of public order. Joke of a government for not throwing a few these hooligans into jail.

Inciting violence is a non-starter. There were many effective ways to protest. They could've taken silsilad and chained themselves to the buildings. They should've exercised their rights to freedom of speech like upright citizens and not threaten with violence and wanton killing. We have come a long way to fight over Jiingads. No?

I'm personally disappointed that these agent provocateurs have not been punished for their egregious endangerment of public order.
chained themselves to buildings :ftw9nwa: is this a movie

Trending