Gym bros, I can’t squat with my heel tucked in without falling over.

Measurements 187cm, 174lbs been gyming last 3 months but I can’t squat without falling back, this is even with just an empty bar. Not sure what’s going on, is it weak leg muscles, weak core, weak balance ? The goal is to freely squat with my ankle firmly on the ground. If I put some pillows for example on my heels, I can squat down.

If it helps, it also an issue in Salah when I’m in the sitting position at the end , I have to kneel, I can’t have my thighs locked down on the ground as it hurts too much. Don’t know if the problems are skeletal perhaps

I had this problem when I first started it is a problem of both tight hip flexors and tight ankles. Search up phrases like "unlocking hip flexors for squat" on youtube people like squat university should show up. Also at the gym buying squat shoes which give you elevated heel like Adidas power lifts also help or you can simply put a 2.5 lb plate under each heel. Do those stretches every day and right before you squat, and you should be a master in about 2 weeks. Also, practice holding the bottom of the squat with the empty barbell.

I had this problem when I first started it is a problem of both tight hip flexors and tight ankles. Search up phrases like "unlocking hip flexors for squat" on youtube people like squat university should show up. Also at the gym buying squat shoes which give you elevated heel like Adidas power lifts also help or you can simply put a 2.5 lb plate under each heel. Do those stretches every day and right before you squat, and you should be a master in about 2 weeks. Also, practice holding the bottom of the squat with the empty barbell.
Thank you bro will look into this

mrlog

VIP
Measurements 187cm, 174lbs been gyming last 3 months but I can’t squat without falling back, this is even with just an empty bar. Not sure what’s going on, is it weak leg muscles, weak core, weak balance ? The goal is to freely squat with my ankle firmly on the ground. If I put some pillows for example on my heels, I can squat down.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trending

Latest posts