Guys Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a hypothetical question and please be as honest as you can be. Say that your wife had the misfortune of being raped and as we (as men) can only imagine the psychological impact of rape on the victim to be massive and she might not be the same again, or struggle to cope with life for the rest of her life. Will you support your wife through thick and thin with her ordeal, or you will take the easy way out and divorce her. If you decide on the latter action, what do you think are the reasons? Are they related to feelings of embarrassment and loss of face with the community and feel living with a rape victim to be unbearable? Any other reasons?

N.B: Please no dissing whatever opinions are expressed but, be smart to be persuasive with words to your point of view. Thanks.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
I'd try to help her find professional help to cope with it. It isn't her fault after all. If it becomes a serious drag on the relationship that cannot be overcome, I'd divorce for her own good. I'd still stay in touch and make sure she gets help.

I wouldn't divorce simply because she's a rape victim.

I'd try to help her find professional help to cope with it. It isn't her fault after all. If it becomes a serious drag on the relationship that cannot be overcome, I'd divorce for her own good. I'd still stay in touch and make sure she gets help.

I wouldn't divorce simply because she's a rape victim.

The only sensible answer possible

/Thread

Apollo

VIP
If I knew who the perpetrator was, I'd hire a contract killer from the darknet and murder the bastard. #VigilanteJustice

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I'm not a man and I know this thread says guys only.

But I would like to put my two cents in. I hope for her sake he gets her a professional help, be her guiding light and never asks any question about the ordeal or how it happened. I would want him to never mention it actually. Act like everything was okay. While he tried his hardest to get professional help for her. Even sign her up for rape victim support group if that actually exists.

If I knew who the perpetrator was, I'd hire a contract killer from the darknet and murder the bastard. #VigilanteJustice

Amun

Thanks and the guys above you, but bro that’s another matter, what would you done? Stay and support her or call it quits?

P.S

My apologies if we have any rape victims on this board, please seek help.

It's a tough situation for a couple to be in. I don't think many men have the patience to stay. Personally, I couldn't abandon my wife and our kids over something she had no control over whether it be rape, a disability or an illness. Although the psychological damages would be tough to overcome in this case, eventually time heals all wounds.(With proper therapy and prayers of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending