Guys i want to know something,

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the best books for studying the walashma,ifat,adal kingdom and sultanate's

is futuh al habash the only book out there?

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Don’t go on amazon kindle app because when you search up somali you will find @Basra ’s collection of erotic novels.

This is true crow find out about it as exposed her.

I recommend just searching the vast webs. Reddit got subhistory threads that might be able to give you some assistance

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
The best book on the Walashma dynasty is a book written by the scholar Al Maqrizi in 1436 called الامام الاحبار من الأرض الحبشة الى ملوك الاسلام(The book of the true knowledge of the History of the Muslim Kings in Ethiopia), which includes a section on the geography of the Islamic kingdoms of al-Habasha, a section on the Zeila region (the heartland of the Walashma kingdom), and a third section detailing the history of the Walashma dynasty.

A century prior to al-Maqrizi, Ibn Khaldun mentioned the Walashma dynasty and the Islamic lands of al-Habasha in his "History of the World",

Ifat Kingdom is also a medieval kingdom between the 13th and 15 the century.
Read the history of Ifat kingdom in the following references:
J. Gordon Melton and Martin Baumann, Religions of the World, Second Edition: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices, page 2663

Richard Pankhurst The Ethiopian Borderlands: Essays in Regional History from Ancient Times to the End of the 18th Century - Google Books" The Red Sea Press, 1997. p. 40-45.

Mordechai Abir (2013). Ethiopia and the Red Sea: The Rise and Decline of the Solomonic Dynasty and Muslim European Rivalry in the Region. Routledge. pp. 25–27. ISBN 978-1-136-28090-0.

Ewald Wagner (1991), The Genealogy of the later Walashma' Sultans of Adal and Harar, Zeitschrift der Deutschen Morgenländischen Gesellschaft, Vol. 141, No. 2 (1991), pp. 376-386

Fage, J.D (2010). "The Cambridge History of Africa: From c. 1050 to c. 1600". ISIM Review. UK: Cambridge University Press (Spring 2005): 146–147.

Most of these books mention ifat kingdom, that's it.

Adal kingdom:
Someone wrote a comprehensive report on Adal Sultanate. This is the link:
https://hiiraanblogs.wordpress.com/...geez-አዳል-ʾadal-arabic-سلطنة-عدل‎-c-1415-1577/

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
I was going to suggest this one. I couldn't find a pdf online but from the excerpts that I have seen, it is surprisingly detailed.

Do you have it @Factz?
Yes. Here's some of the excerpts from the book talking about Adal and the drunk successor of Imam Nur Ibn Mujaahid.
Screenshot_2018-10-03-08-12-03-251_com.android.chrome.jpg

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Refresh the page. I uploaded the screenshot of the wrong page.
So the drunk successor was an Ethiopian. Why am I not surprised?
:duckr:
Props to Jibril though. He died a mujahid like his father-in-law Nur.
:salute:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
oromos were pagans??????That meas Somalis were pagans at one point|!!! Gosh, so glad the arabs bastardised us. Alhamdhulilah

whose opinion do you want?
@James Dahl is unbiased and knows his shit.
I don't think so. You know when ogadens moved to Jland, our ugaas was a guy named Ibrahim. He was maqabul. While cawliyahans, MZs and others had their own suldaans, he was the overall ugaas. his abrisi is similar to what james dahl posted. I didn't believe it at first until I saw that guys abtirsi as well.

maqaabul are old tribe, so it makes sense.

unless some new evidence comes to light, I am sticking to this.:trumpsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts