Guys i am terrified to go work

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I am being forced to continue work as I am in the construction industry which has been deemed an essential service(were building luxury condos) the washrooms are unsanitary, 6 ft social distancing not being enforced, new workers entering site without any checka

If I quit due to safety fears my record of employment will have a red flag due to quitting so I wont be eligble for the special COVID payment benefits since I left whilst being employed

I dont know what to do! I am so scared of catching the virus because I have pre existing respitory issues, If I catch it I am dead!

Please give me advice guys I have a family to feed also

Talk to your manager. See if you can be put on leave for a while. Ideally, they'll lay you off and you'll be able to collect unemployment until this shit blows over. Then, you can just reapply. Don't be scared to negotiate a favorable arrangement with your employer

Cheers

Last edited:
I am being forced to continue work as I am in the construction industry which has been deemed an essential service(were building luxury condos) the washrooms are unsanitary, 6 ft social distancing not being enforced, new workers entering site without any checka

If I quit due to safety fears my record of employment will have a red flag due to quitting so I wont be eligble for the special COVID payment benefits since I left whilst being employed

I dont know what to do! I am so scared of catching the virus because I have pre existing respitory issues, If I catch it I am dead!

Please give me advice guys I have a family to feed also

:westbrookwtf: whats up with slave mentality..your health more important..talk to your job and tell them about you pre existing condition...if they fire you..you can sue them

Santiago

Adeer macaane ii waran
I have asthma and need to avoid this shit, i recommend you to use N95/FFP3 every time you leave your house.

TekNiKo

VIP
Talk to your manager. See if you can be put on leave for a while. Ideally, they'll lay you off and you'll be able to collect unemployment until this shit blows over. Then, you can just reapply. Don't be scared to negotiate a favorable arrangement with your employer

Cheers
I already tried they refused and said your fine your outside and take precautions wear gloves, mask and wash your hands.

Aren't there trade unions for this sort of thing? Not sure how effective it is in this case though. You should do as @Miro and @The Good have stated.
I am not in a union.
Not really since he's in a key sector and didn't get laid off
Exactly, Ontario has NOT shut it down and I will be flagged on SIN, so I cannot leave!!

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I already tried they refused and said your fine your outside and take precautions wear gloves, mask and wash your hands.

I am not in a union.

Exactly, Ontario has NOT shut it down and I will be flagged on SIN, so I cannot leave!!
I don't know then, explain to your employer you have respiratory issues and this can be fatal. Don't say you HAVE TO leave but just remind them that leniency is crucial. You aren't in a position to make demands per se but if you do get fired because your life comes first. Call this Labour lawyer, he has a show on AM 640 and me and my Dad like to listen to him. Great track record too. You can call him for advice and he can prob help you craft an approach when you talk to your boss.

Start with small coughs so people can hear you. As soon as people notice and ask questions say naah im fine. Then later take a min pause say you have bad headache and cough little bit. Then confirm you fine. Before you know they will suggest you go home. Refuse and say I don’t want to let the team down and I got bills. Let them insist. You will pull this off because every farax has barkhad abdi acting skills in them

TekNiKo

VIP
I don't know then, explain to your employer you have respiratory issues and this can be fatal. Don't say you HAVE TO leave but just remind them that leniency is crucial. You aren't in a position to make demands per se but if you do get fired because your life comes first. Call this Labour lawyer, he has a show on AM 640 and me and my Dad like to listen to him. Great track record too. You can call him for advice and he can prob help you craft an approach when you talk to your boss.
We shall see people in my job site today didnt show up and claimed due to CO19 so they chose their life

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
We shall see people in my job site today didnt show up and claimed due to CO19 so they chose their life
I don't know what your appetite for a lawsuit is but if he explains what your rights are in your situation and they're violated and it gets to that situation. You're probably going to win inshallah. Hopefully it doesn't need to get that far.

Trending