Guyana 4th largest producer of oil with population less than one million and 300% GDP Growth in 3 years

Good for them. I hope they learn from their neighbours Venezuela. Resources come and go, solid economic policy will help you get stable growth. Not get rich quick schemes

I hope Guyana gets better shares of the profits and is able to help build other industries. The corruption they have need to be tackled. They have a public sovereign wealth fund so that usually helps show where the money is going

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Interesting country demographically. 40% Indian, 30% Madow, 10% Native and 20% people of mixed descent between the Indians, Madows and Natives. Less than 1% Cadaan. ~60% Christian, ~25% Hindu and ~7% Muslim as well. I honestly want to visit just to see what that looks like. Sounds unique.

Garaad diinle

 
Aren't guyana and venezuela involved in a maritime dispute and if i recall correctly venezuela are claiming some of guyanas off shore oil wells. Guyans small size makes it an easy pray for venezuela. I'm sure the usa would be involved since there is a large oil wealth right in their backyard and is close to their latin american adversary, that is venezuela.

Last edited:

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Interesting country demographically. 40% Indian, 30% Madow, 10% Native and 20% people of mixed descent between the Indians, Madows and Natives. Less than 1% Cadaan. ~60% Christian, ~25% Hindu and ~7% Muslim as well. I honestly want to visit just to see what that looks like. Sounds unique.
It's majority Indian no wonder its getting its buisness together instead of pissing it all away like their Latino neighbours.
The Indians and chinese are both merchant people who make the places they go richer.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Aren't guyana and venezuela involved in a maritime dispute and if i recall correctly venezuela are claiming some of guyanas off shore oil wells. Guyans small size makes it an easy pray for venezuela. I'm sure the usa would be involved since there is a large oil wealth right in their backyard and is close to their latin american adversary, that is venezuela.
They are having good relations with CHINA, US, and Eu. They are in a good place.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

come to Canada it’s full of Guyanese people