Guess the congressional district ranked the worst in America for black people?

Wait a minute....I thought minnesota was the sh1t the way somalis brag about it. Illay its the ghetto

Cedar-Riverside (Majority of Somalis live in these towers)

upload_2019-8-21_18-28-8.jpeg upload_2019-8-21_18-28-30.jpeg

East London

upload_2019-8-21_18-31-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-21_18-29-13.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-21_18-29-13.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 78

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Wow.. That picture is a total misrepensentation of that intersection. I drive through there regularly and there is never shit all over the road and people just walking down the middle of the street. Also, the headline is totally misleading. It should read that the 5th district has the largest racial gap instead worst place for black people to live. Black unemployement is lower in Minnesota's 5th district than more than half of the "worst" 30 districts and the proverty rate is lower than a lot of the districts as well. Minneapolis and the 5th district has been very welcoming to a large refugee community as well which is only briefly mentioned in the article, and probably has a lot to do with the gap. Either way, we do have work to do to narrow the gap and to make this a more equitable place. Thats for sure!

Interesting quote from the comments.

Interesting quote from the comments.

@sincity

This research has been conducted by a reputable financial website 24/7 Wall Street. Here is the original article.

Worst Congressional Districts for Black Americans.

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2019/08/14/worst-congressional-districts-for-black-americans/

They put most of the blame of the African American lack of economic emancipation on institutional racism.

"You could trace the myriad reasons all the way back to the founding of the country. But suffice to say that an expansive gap in prosperity still exists 150 years after the abolition of slavery. And it's at its worst in Minnesota's 5th congressional district, headquartered in Minneapolis."
@doroafels

Somalis don't live in Canary Wharf? Calm down.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Cedar-Riverside (Majority of Somalis live in these towers)

View attachment 77373 View attachment 77374

East London

View attachment 77376

OMG you Americans are utterly ghetto if this is true. I thought lived in you guys all million dollars home, got first rate education and own successful business like my cousins there and there Somali friends in the us. I went to multiple Somali business events you guys hold and see how you live. No different from African American

World

VIP
North Minneapolis is basically the hood and where African American gang bangers from Chicago and Detroit come to settle down to collect benefits. There aren’t any middle class African American neighbourhoods.

The Somalis parts of MN are no where near as bad.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
That district is mainly inhabited by non Somali blacks. It used to be where they dumped new Somali immigrants but most quickly moved out.

Scandinavians have a thing for dropping immigrants into ghettos.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Of course Somalis there are like rats in their appartments you can have 20 people in 1 appartment waa sida jiir. They encourage each other to live off welfare because they are *too good* to work.

North Minneapolis is basically the hood and where African American gang bangers from Chicago and Detroit come to settle down to collect benefits. There aren’t any middle class African American neighbourhoods.

The Somalis parts of MN are no where near as bad.

"But this is true in varying degrees in most every city. The more likely culprit is that a large percentage of the black population consists of newer refugees who can't be expected to find their economic footing as soon as they step on American shores."

World

VIP
"But this is true in varying degrees in most every city. The more likely culprit is that a large percentage of the black population consists of newer refugees who can't be expected to find their economic footing as soon as they step on American shores."
Anti refugee propaganda.

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
That district is mainly inhabited by non Somali blacks. It used to be where they dumped new Somali immigrants but most quickly moved out.

Scandinavians have a thing for dropping immigrants into ghettos.

Scandinavians are naive when taking in huge amounts of qashin immigrants. They also put them in the same neighbourhoods and voila, you have disaster.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Scandinavians are naive when taking in huge amounts of qashin immigrants. They also put them in the same neighbourhoods and voila, you have disaster.

Naive or knowing dicks? Me thinks the latter.

It means less competition for their working class voters if those immigrants are left to rot there instead of integrating into the wider society.

The Dutch did the total opposite and moved immigrants into upward moving lower middle class regions where your neighbors wasn't a crack addict.

Trending