Greatest Movie Scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Share your favourite movie scenes. It shouldn't be too long. Just something to give a flavour of the thing. I loved the clip below from Waking Life when I first saw it. Don't let the animation fool you. It's a grownup film that tackles deep scientific and philosophical riddles like free will and determinism:

Share your favourite movie scenes. It shouldn't be too long. Just something to give a flavour of the thing. I loved the clip below from Waking Life when I first saw it. Don't let the animation fool you. It's a grownup film that tackles deep scientific and philosophical riddles like free will and determinism:

was watching that clip like :ohhh:

This clip here is a very powerful scene. People that work on film actually need to watch this after they sign the contract in order to participate in the movie. This scene clearly shows the stage of grief so realistically.Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and finally acceptance. I actually get very teary watching this, even though this is probably the 15th time I watched it. I know its a very specific number but it's true' everytime I watch this I reflect about this scene and right it inside my notebook. The denial of getting hit by the ninja, you can clearly see him look at his wound and back at the perpetrator. You can feel his emotion coming off his expression, the muscle tense up around his eyes and mouth, his eyes not reflecting light anymore; you can feel it. Bargaining, you can quickly see his eyes pointing up and the corner of his mouth move, symbolizing that he's praying to god. That he doesn't want to die. Depression, his eyes don't look anywhere, he fixated in nothing, he knows he's going to die. Acceptance, he finally lets the audience knows by doing a universal body language that could be read in all cultures; the shrug. He accepts his death.

We don't have this type of cinematography and direction anymore. No scene will ever top this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts