Greatest general in history?

Khalid Bin Waleed RA

He has participated in over 100 campaigns/battles and never lost a single one

He defeated both Sasanid Persians and Eastern Roman Empire at the same time.

D50F7A7E-D74E-4552-BFBD-3331F901FF42.jpeg
D50F7A7E-D74E-4552-BFBD-3331F901FF42.jpeg

Sabutai

Legendary MONGOL commander/ General who conquered over 30 countries and won over 60 pitched battles.

784A5FC9-8EA2-4EE7-86CA-401BE13D0898.jpeg

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Ghengis Khan.

United mongolian qabils and created the largest empire in history in just 25 years.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

This is slightly biased since recording of battles has gotten better with time. Khalid for me.
bro that list is trash.

It’s just counting how many victories. It doesn’t take into account how significant they were or how they were even won.

Most of these guys just had lead the strongest military at the time, and steamrolled through all armies without much effort. It’s not the commander, but the army that should be commended.

Such a shaïte way of comparing generals.

the early muslims were so impressive the kind of things they were able to accomplish. and they didn't have much in the way of money, people or weapons either

bro that list is trash.

It’s just counting how many victories. It doesn’t take into account how significant they were or how they were even won.

Most of these guys just had lead the strongest military at the time, and steamrolled through all armies without much effort. It’s not the commander, but the army that should be commended.

It's an objective measure, otherwise you have to consider too many things.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It's an objective measure, otherwise you have to consider too many things.
That’s true. But if you ignore the general part and go fully to who was the best commander/leader.

It’d be ghengis khan. Ghengis Khan and prophet muhammad (saw) were one of the only few people to build a gigantic empire in their lifetime.

This is slightly biased since recording of battles has gotten better with time. Khalid for me.

The Westerners tend to overhype their history. For example everyone has heard of Napoleon but rarely few outside the East know a legendary Sabutai who has conquered most territory than anyone in history. I have hard time believing these Westen list[/QUOTE]

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The Westerners tend to overhype their history. For example everyone has heard of Napoleon but rarely few outside the East know a legendary Sabutai who has conquered most territory than anyone in history. I have hard time believing these Westen list
[/QUOTE]
Yeah it’s extremely biased

No way 90% of the top 100 generals were european. I find it ridiculous that the 100th best general only ever won a couple battles.

the early muslims were so impressive the kind of things they were able to accomplish. and they didn't have much in the way of money, people or weapons either
Spot on.
The Arab Muslim army during the Rashidun period was inferior to both the Persian and Eastern Roman Empire. It would be the equivalent of a small poor nation winning against France and England at the same time. The fact that they even were to fight was miracle let alone two. Obviously we can attribute this to Devine Intervention. It has never happened before and will probably never happen again

bro that list is trash.

Army is as good as its commanders and generals sxb. Muslims were consistently outnumbered but timelely maneuvers, tactics and believe in Allah proved to the difference.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
He definitely is right up there. He got the ball rolling and his sons and grand children made the empire reach its zenith
It’s harder to get the ball rolling than to keep it rolling simple physics.

Newton’s First Law of Physics.

And his great grandson ruined the empire. This happens in almost all empires. The first emperor is an extreme genius who builds an empire and his descendants become sidewalk lickers who throw it to dust.

After Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the 4 Khalifas the arabian empire fell apart.

After the First chinese emperor unified china his son immediately went retard mode and ruined it.

Same with Ghengis too. It just shows how shitty inheriting power is, giving your hard built empire to your retarded son is just stupid. Biggest flaws of Monarchy.

It’s harder to get the ball rolling than to keep it rolling simple physics.

Newton’s First Law of Physics.

And his great grandson ruined the empire. This happens in almost all empires. The first emperor is an extreme genius who builds an empire and his descendants become sidewalk lickers who throw it to dust.

After Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the 4 Khalifas the arabian empire fell apart.

After the First chinese emperor unified china his son immediately went retard mode and ruined it.

Same with Ghengis too. It just shows how shitty inheriting power is, giving your hard built empire to your retarded son is just stupid. Biggest flaws of Monarchy.

You are absolutely right He was nothing short of genius. He was able to sandue each tribe and the unite them under his banner. He defeated his arch enemies The TURKIC Tatar confederacy and then the powerful Turkic Naimans and Kereits and then add them into his war machine.