Greatest African countries of all time

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Historic Achievements: Literature, Art, Military Prowess, Peak Power, Relevance are the categories I'm using.

1. Egypt
2. Morocco
3. Ethiopia
4. Tunisia
5. Sudan
6. Algeria
7. Mali

You've been on this weird vibe for a while now
tenor.gif

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
I was thinking that, might be overrating Morocco a bit perhaps.
Mali deserves to be above Ethiopia and Morocco they had some of the first universities and were far more affluent but since they arent next to Arabia or Spain(cant conquer something so far) they are always seen as less then.

Timbuktu>>Fez>>Aksum Sounds bias but whatever.

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Mali deserves to be above Ethiopia and Morocco they had some of the first universities and were far more affluent but since they arent next to Arabia or Spain(cant conquer something so far) they are always seen as less then.

Timbuktu>>Fez>>Aksum Sounds bias but whatever.

I've got a lot of respect for the great Mali civilization (Ghana, Mali, Songhai) I'm currently reading this fascinating book that covers it

A1tWtvmxruL.jpg

Apollo

VIP
Historically, Egypt - for obvious reasons.

Currently, South Africa (despite all their problems). Honorable mentions: Nigeria, Ethiopia, and Kenya.

Apollo

VIP
Egypt has a GDP of over a trillion, doesn't that make them relevant today?

They could be doing much better, especially considering their long history and head start. It is quite a shame that their country is doing so poorly today. They should have been at least on Iran's level of development.

They could be doing much better, especially considering their long history and head start. It is quite a shame that their country is doing so poorly today. They should have been at least on Iran's level of development.
Theyre marred in corruption

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP

Not to mention they are quite homogeneous. Copts are a religious minority around 10% and Nubians are a small Muslim minority in South Egypt. You compare that to the multi ethnic mess that is Nigeria and Ethiopia who are doing quite well considering that.

Trending

Latest posts