Grant Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Grant, his cool

If Somalia was peaceful, he should be granted honorary Somali citizenship

Thank you, Sir! I had planned to retire there. I have an agricultural background and learned dental technology so I could help out. But Jilib is not exactly a safe place for me at this point.

Grant is a cool and relatively smart guy, but he also bullshits a lot. He also suffers from whitesplaining and probably was used to uneducated Somalia Somalis, but us Westernized Somalis don't automatically respect whites like he is used to.

Amun is one of the sharpest guys around here. Sadly not everyone is up to his level. I do confess to talking down at times, but I deny the BS. I try to provide accessible links and keep it on the up and up.

The general level of Somali historical ignorance is not something to be proud or protective of.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Amun is one of the sharpest guys around here. Sadly not everyone is up to his level. I do confess to talking down at times, but I deny the BS. I try to provide accessible links and keep it on the up and up.

The general level of Somali historical ignorance is not something to be proud or protective of.

Funny how it's coming from a historical revisionist. :drakekidding::hemad:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I personally find Grant to be thoroughly annoying. His posts are not lively and engaging. He is all about, robotic interaction. Facts, Factoids. and hemorrhoids. He rubs me the wrong way, i cant put my fingers on it. He seems very dull, and lifeless. Maybe its because of his octogenarian age, i dont know. All i know is, had i met him in a party, i will slowly move away, every time he approaches me. I wont even hide my disgust.

I personally find Grant to be thoroughly annoying. His posts are not lively and engaging. He is all about, robotic interaction. Facts, Factoids. and hemorrhoids. He rubs me the wrong way, i cant put my fingers on it. He seems very dull, and lifeless. Maybe its because of his octogenarian age, i dont know. All i know is, had i met him in a party, i will slowly move away, every time he approaches me. I wont even hide my disgust.

Now! That's the Basra I remember. She even objected when I called her "her ladyship" one time. Given her especial objection to "bro" I think her problem is more that my natural complexion beats her Diana. It's that or the fact I was never able to get with Jane Austen. I have never found the British gentry all that entertaining, and repeats and dissertations on the subject even less so.

As my great aunt Peg said, there is just no accounting for taste.

Mormons are the lowest rung of the ladder.

How many Mormons do you know?

My great, great, great grandfather followed Brigham Young from Canada to Kirtland, to Adam-ondi-Ahman and Nauvoo. He settled Draper and Spanish Fork and Freedom in Utah. When he wrote his autobiography in 1881 he had five living wives and 51 living children.

My great grandfather on the other side of the family had a fused right hip from an accident as a teen. He couldn't walk normally or mount a horse and was not marriageable in Europe. He walked from Nebraska to Utah, married and supported two wives, and had his first child at the age of 58. He survived both wives and two children and ended raising the other three.

I left the Church when I could at the age of 18 and have only been back to bury my father, mother and a sister, but I am thoroughly proud of my family. They were good people, and their descendants are good people, a whole bunch of them.

My great, great, great grandfather followed Brigham Young from Canada to Kirtland, to Adam-ondi-Ahman and Nauvoo. He settled Draper and Spanish Fork and Freedom in Utah. When he wrote his autobiography in 1881 he had five living wives and 51 living children.

My great grandfather on the other side of the family had a fused right hip from an accident as a teen. He couldn't walk normally or mount a horse and was not marriageable in Europe. He walked from Nebraska to Utah, married and supported two wives, and had his first child at the age of 58. He survived both wives and two children and ended raising the other three.

I left the Church when I could at the age of 18 and have only been back to bury my father, mother and a sister, but I am thoroughly proud of my family. They were good people, and their descendants are good people, a whole bunch of them.
They are notorious for cult culture and don’t integrate like the red indians.

Many splinter groups are still active.

They are not LDS; they are dispersed, and they are small. By comparison, the LDS are about 16M.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalist_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-Day_Saints

"The exact number of members of the FLDS Church is unknown due to the relatively closed cultish nature of the organization.[12][13] However, the FLDS Church is estimated to have 6,000 to 10,000 members residing in the sister cities of Hildale, Utah, and Colorado City, Arizona; Eldorado, Texas; Westcliffe, Colorado;[14] Mancos, Colorado; Creston and Bountiful, British Columbia; and Pringle, South Dakota.[15] There are also developing communities near Benjamín Hill, Sonora (south of Nogales in the state of Sonora);[16] Ensenada, Baja California (south of Tijuana);[17] and Boise City, Oklahoma.[18] Members of the FLDS Church have owned machine shops that have sold airplane components to the United States government, and from 1998 to 2007, the receipts of these components totaled more than $1.7 million.[19]"

"In 1984, a schism formed within the FLDS Church just before the death of Leroy S. Johnson. A small group of FLDS (known as the Centennial Park group) took issue with the "one-man rule" doctrine that altered the leadership structure of the church and that was implemented fully when Rulon Jeffs assumed his position as sole leader of the organization. These followers took up residence just south of Colorado City, in Centennial Park, Arizona, calling themselves "The Work of Jesus Christ," or "The Work" for short.[15]

Also in 2002, after Warren Jeffs assumed leadership, Winston Blackmore, who had been serving in Canada as the Bishop of Bountiful for the FLDS Church, was excommunicated by Jeffs in an apparent power struggle. This led to a split within the community in Bountiful, British Columbia, with an estimated 700 FLDS members leaving the church to follow Blackmore.[27]"

Thank you, Sir! I had planned to retire there. I have an agricultural background and learned dental technology so I could help out. But Jilib is not exactly a safe place for me at this point.

Damn, you'd make a killing being a dentist in Somalia

:lolbron:

Never crossed my mind once lol

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity

hello Grant !

I'm curious , what regions in Somalia have you traveled ?

Grant, that's a wonderful story. Your great grandfather sounds like one hell of a guy. God bless that man. Have you read his autobiography? Tell us more.

Why did you leave the church and become a gaal? Is it because you couldn't handle five wives? I hear that Mormons nowadays don't know how to satisfy multiple women. They've grown soft and cucked. You have a lot to learn from your grandfather.

hello Grant !

I'm curious , what regions in Somalia have you traveled ?

Landed Hargeisa. Trip to Taleex and two weeks orientation. Return to Hargeisa by Police truck. Trip to Mog by trade truck. Trip to Kismayu by trade truck. Trips to Jilib by Mercedes bus. Trip back to Mog. Visited Afgoy.. Trip to Beledweyne, back to Mog and Jilib by trade truck. Trip by Landrover to Baraawe, stayed a week because of impassable roads. Trip by landrover just above the tideline from Baraawe to Merka and then back on the main road to Mog. Trip to Eyl by Landrover.

upload_2018-4-26_7-27-56.png

upload_2018-4-26_7-31-48.png

Grant, that's a wonderful story. Your great grandfather sounds like one hell of a guy. God bless that man. Have you read his autobiography? Tell us more.

Why did you leave the church and become a gaal? Is it because you couldn't handle five wives? I hear that Mormons nowadays don't know how to satisfy multiple women. They've grown soft and cucked. You have a lot to learn from your grandfather.

I have read his autobiography twice and keep a copy in the den. It's online. You can read it here:

https://www.boap.org/LDS/Early-Saints/WDraper.html

There were issues of fraud in the founding of the Church. When I was a young man, they had done away with polygamy for political reasons and were still denying "Blacks" the priesthood. It was a package I could not accept. They have since changed that, which does not say much for the immutability of religion. I joined the Peace Corps and went to Somalia. My brother served a Church mission in Germany. He is still a Mormon and I am still into Somalia.

Luckily for me, the Church does believe in free will.

Status
Not open for further replies.