Got my 23 and Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no longer garac!

mt DNA is U5a2a, downstream of 9000 year old Cheddar Man of England, who was U5a.

Y Dna is E-L29 = E-M84 = E-1b1b1b2a1a

The sequence is A, DE-M145, E-M96, E-M123, E-L29

I am a third each Anglo/Irish, French/ Swiss and Scandinavian and I share an ancestor in the male line with Napoleon Bonaparte. My futo is the color of caano liis.

Note the E1b1b! :ulyin:

Last edited:
I am no longer garac!

mt DNA is U5a2a, downstream of 9000 year old Cheddar Man of England, who was U5a.

I am a third each Anglo/Irish, French/ Swiss and Scandinavian and I share an ancestor in the male line with Napoleon Bonaparte. My futo is the color of caano liis.

I thought you were a 70+ white guy who visited Somalia under the Barre Government and researched Cushite cultures from Florida?:what1:

70+ waaweraaaaaaaay :damn::damn::damn:

The cadaans have come to invade

upload_2018-3-5_14-15-57.jpeg

Hardly invaders. Peace Corps. We were there at the invitation of the Government to build schools and teach, mostly English. This was taken the first week of July, 1966. Our host at initiation at Taleex was Police General Abshir, the large man in the lighter uniform.. That is me, second from the right.

Looool white folks like you make me laugh - people were darker back then and became shorter and lighter as time went by so technically you couldn't have been whatever dream 23 and me are selling you

View attachment 38867

Hardly invaders. Peace Corps. We were there at the invitation of the Government to build schools and teach, mostly English. This was taken the first week of July, 1966. Our host at initiation at Taleex was Police General Abshir, the large man in the lighter uniform.. That is me, second from the right.

Arr somaaliga waad fahamtaa ileen. Do you speak somali? And how long did you stay there? You resembled sheldon cooper in a way, if his face was slightly chubbier.

Looool white folks like you make me laugh - people were darker back then and became shorter and lighter as time went by so technically you couldn't have been whatever dream 23 and me are selling you

Folks got lighter as they moved north. My ancestors went west from the Levant as the ice sheet disappeared from Europe.; Somali ancestors with the same E1b1b went back south.
I have an abtirsi on both X and Y lines back to the 16th century that agrees with what 23 and Me is saying.

Arr somaaliga waad fahamtaa ileen. Do you speak somali? And how long did you stay there? You resembled sheldon cooper in a way, if his face was slightly chubbier.

I was taught some Maxaa but sent to a Maay-speaking area, so my af Somali is weak. I was only there 13 months, but I have been a member at somnet since 2005..

Sheldon Cooper? argh.....Have never cared for him or his show.

Last edited:
View attachment 38867

Op did you go through my village it was 12 miles southwest of taleh:patrice:

I was taught some Maxaa but sent to a Maay-speaking area, so my af Somali is weak. I was only there 13 months, but I have been a member at somnet since 2005..

Where can i read more about your journey? I imagine you have a blog or written about it somewhere here

Take it as a compliment, sheldon is cute in his way :icon lol:

So you took the road to god'alo between the mountains?:patrice:
Did you pass through xudun?

I have no idea. I don't remember any mountains. I was on the back of a trade truck in a totally strange place with no idea of what came next. Towns now were just wide places in the road then. Stone buildings with names were rare. The three days until I got to Jilib were just a blur.

Where can i read more about your journey? I imagine you have a blog or written about it somewhere here

Take it as a compliment, sheldon is cute in his way :icon lol:

Search doesn't seem to be working. I did a piece in the introductions and answered questions for a friend here from Somnet. Ask me again after this maintenance gets done.

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP

you going to leave a inheritance?

GeelJirito

Qram Qram Jaw
I am no longer garac!

i knew you were Dhulos :dabcasar:

:childplease: I’m a newish member so at first I thought you were a troll..
What made you interested in Somali culture? How was your time in Somalia in the 60s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts