Google Translate and The Somali Language (Ooga Booga???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
For some of you this may be old news, for others it may be a horrific discovery

It’s no surprise that Google Translate is pretty iffy when it comes to, you know, translating language, and nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE is that more apparent than with Somali.

Back when it was implemented, an Anon on /pol/ made an interesting observation, and, well

6959D1B6-D669-4C66-920C-C97D2D76047F.jpeg

Needless to say this wasn’t very flattering
:snoop:

But yeah, “Somali ooga booga” sprang off into a meme of sorts

E38001FC-3958-4828-89C0-BA1AC77EAB27.jpeg

And just recently some Somalis on Twitter figured it out too
:damn:

I mean look at these replies

All in all, a massive, massive L
:mjcry:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Why do you post these sorts of things. Only a retard would internalise this. There is NO L, it doesn't even make sense in somali

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Although those words are nonsensical in Somali; I still put part of the blame on our choice of the Latin alphabet.

Atleast use letters like ö or ü for double vowels or something.

I can't even find an official standard for spellings of Somali words.

RasCanjero-

Self imposed exile
Also SFG needs to contact Google to clean up search and image results on anything related to Somalis.

Other countries have reputation management departments overlooking these things.

Professor

The name is Professor, Haji Professor
For some of you this may be old news, for others it may be a horrific discovery

It’s no surprise that Google Translate is pretty iffy when it comes to, you know, translating language, and nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE is that more apparent than with Somali.

Back when it was implemented, an Anon on /pol/ made an interesting observation, and, well

View attachment 31636

Needless to say this wasn’t very flattering
:snoop:

But yeah, “Somali ooga booga” sprang off into a meme of sorts

View attachment 31637

And just recently some Somalis on Twitter figured it out too
:damn:

I mean look at these replies

All in all, a massive, massive L
:mjcry:
:drakewtf: did we not say we are goig to say geelijire from now on. What's up with you blasting our ls on this site so casual. What is wrong with you.

It is simple dimwit just say GEELIJIRE GEELIJIRE GEELIJIRE. That's all you had to do.

Last edited:

Agent 47

21st Divsion of Somali National Army
I went mad last time in that google dumb shit and started translating Somali words into English, I felt like I betrayed the Somali race:mjcry:
Nacalaa dhalay, they can write some ooga booga nonsense monkey shit in that B, our language will be kept secret from the online clowns, I want to write habartaa buufkeet and smile:siilaanyosmile: and tell them it was a compliment.

TooMacaan

VIP
Why do you post these sorts of things. Only a retard would internalise this. There is NO L, it doesn't even make sense in somali
:drakewtf: did we not say we are goig to say geelijire from now on. What's up with you blasting our ls on this site so casual. What is wrong with you.

It is simple dimwit just say GEELIJIRE GEELIJIRE GEELIJIRE. That's all you had to do.
Why are you guys being so rude for?:drakewtf:OP is one of the more respectable characters on this site. And also..I'm pretty sure it was her idea to replace somali with geeljire in the first place. Take it easy, come on.

Pepe

Businesskaaga Mindgaree
Booga is Book
Nigga would be closest to Aniga which means I
Ooga would be closest to Egga our word for look

So it would be I looked *at the* book.

It shouldn't make sense though when they add all the oggas and niggas together someone at the company gotta address it, also if reverse it and enter the result in English and hit translate to Somali there is zero ogga booga shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts