Gold Islamic coins found in bari

Can anybody identify which era these coins came from

https://x.com/khalif_sul27555/status/1755656065104990247?s=20
GF1XXe4XMAAAxgS.jpeg

Last edited:

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Fatimid, Ayyubid and Mamluk Empires all had the same coin minting houses, so the only way to know for sure which century they date from is to retrieve the name of the ruler written on those coins. All three empires also had relationships with local Somali dynasties and polities, so it makes sense.

The value of 10 Gold coins, based on each dinar weighing 4.25 grams, would be over $3000, and possibly even higher at a coin auction since these ones are in good shape and have a historical pedigree unlike the gold dinars minted in modern times.

They will never reach a Somali museum.

Aseer

A man without a ๐Ÿซ won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
They are presumably said to be ummayad coins
@awsaleban667
If this is real this can open a whole new realm of somali history!!!

Emir of Zayla

๐•น๐–†๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ป๐–”๐–Š๐–™๐–˜
A post about this has already been made:

Numismatic scholars who dedicate their lives to interpreting coins can easily identify and read a lot from those coins. I doubt those would reach them.

What someone can do is take the pictures and send an email to one of those people and see what they make out of it.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
So much history, I wonder how he found these? I would assume they would be underground. Possibly while excavating the base of a house. This is a great find and the value of these coins will set his family for life mashallah. Now im really going to get a shovel and start excavating because this is awesome.

Aseer

A man without a ๐Ÿซ won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
So much history, I wonder how he found these? I would assume they would be underground. Possibly while excavating the base of a house. This is a great find and the value of these coins will set his family for life mashallah. Now im really going to get a shovel and start excavating because this is awesome.
I hope he doesn't sell them and keeps them for somalia so it can be displayed in one of our museums.

Trending