GodKnowsBest Journey to Christianity: A hand from heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
First of all, this is not a troll post. I am being 100% truthful here .I would say the whole "Wallahi Billahi blah blah" - but I'm not Muslim anymore of course. haha.

I am a teenage Somali girl, and I have recently converted to Christianity after studying the religion since 2012 extensively. Before I became a Christian, like the vast majority of Somalis, I believed in the so called "Prophet" Mohamed. Then I began to doubt the credibility of Islam and started to ask myself questions about the Quran. I then began to ask my parents questions like "Abo, why is it more important in Islam to memorize the Quran than to actually understand it" or "Hoyoo, how come every Quran teacher I ever had only taught me to memorize the Quran, but never cared to teach me the actual meaning of the words?". I felt no connection at all with the God of Islam, and I felt so confused...even when I prayed, I felt no connection. I tried and tried to feel something for Islam, but I always failed. I didn't have a connection with islam at all. I couldn't find anyone who satisfied my search for the truth. By then, I had several doubts about Islam, ranging from the teaching methods to the validity of the Prophet of Islam, Mohamed. However, I still could not have dreamed of ever leaving the religion of my family and the religion of 98% of Somalis. I kept doubting Islam more and more, nothing made sense to me anymore. A couple months later, I was dating this Christian guy, and one day he was talking about what happened at his church, and then I began to ask him questions about Christianity. I was just asking him questions out of curiosity, I still didn't even think about leaving Islam at that point...I still had hope in Islam. Everything he said made sense to me, it really made a spark in my head. I thought to myself, maybe Islam is not the right religion? Several weeks later, I had a long conversation with one of my girlfriends, who is a very religious Christian, about Christianity. I started to read the Bible for myself, and it honestly made so much sense to me. And since then till a couple months ago I was studying Christianity, and this summer I officially converted to Christianity. I was baptized at my Church, and I literally felt Jesus Christ coming down and washing all my sins away. It was truly an undescribeable feeling! I can finally speak to our Heavenly Father and actually feel his presence...unlike like praying in Islam and going up and down like a robot.

Christianity has changed my life, and I have never felt more at peace with myself in my life than now. Islam is the reason why Somalia is the worst country on earth and Somalis are hated by people all over the world. A major reason of the collapse of Somali moral and cultural standards is caused by the Muslim religion. The lack of love and peace in Islam plays a great role in Somali's way of thinking. To all the Somalis on here, my brothers and sisters believe in Jesus Christ...He died for our sins. Our Lord sacrificed his ONLY Son for all of us to be in Heavenly Paradise.

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
No I am. I didn't write this. I have a thread somewhere on the forums of my journey and I left Islam and was without religion for about 3 years before I joined Christianity.

For some reason this typing seems a lot like me and I actually thought it was me until I got to the part where it says "abo". I spell dad as "abbo" not "abo", from there the story started to differ from my own so I knew it wasn't me.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
No I am. I didn't write this. I have a thread somewhere on the forums of my journey and I left Islam and was without religion for about 3 years before I joined Christianity.

For some reason this typing seems a lot like me and I actually thought it was me until I got to the part where it says "abo". I spell dad as "abbo" not "abo", from there the story started to differ from my own so I knew it wasn't me.
You have to admit your stories are extremely similar:shookgabre:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending