"Ghost" Human Ancestors Discovered in West Africa

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
"A mysterious "ghost population" of now-extinct ancient human-like creatures may have interbred with early humans living in West Africa, scientists say.

Researchers suggest DNA from this group makes up between 2% and 19% of modern West Africans' genetic ancestry.

They believe the interbreeding occurred about 43,000 years ago."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51508616

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
IM A LITTLE SKEPTICAL WHEN IT COMES TO NEANDERTHALS AND OTHER HUMANOID BEINGS DNA THAT WE MIGHT HAVE. HOW CAN A HUMAN PROCREATE WITH A NON HUMAN?

psyche

To each their own
IM A LITTLE SKEPTICAL WHEN IT COMES TO NEANDERTHALS AND OTHER HUMANOID BEINGS DNA THAT WE MIGHT HAVE. HOW CAN A HUMAN PROCREATE WITH A NON HUMAN?

The line between what is human and what is not human is honestly, pretty vague.

The definition of a species is a group of genetically fit organisms that can bred and produce a viable offsprings.

That's why there really isn't a consensus on whether these Neanderthal and other human-like groups are actually human since they were similar enough that humans could mate with them, but too different to say confidence that they are like us.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
The line between what is human and what is not human is honestly, pretty vague.

The definition of a species is a group of genetically fit organisms that can bred and produce a viable offsprings.

That's why there really isn't a consensus on whether these Neanderthal and other human-like groups are actually human since they were similar enough that humans could mate with them, but too different to say confidence that they are like us.
DID THEY LOOK HUMAN?

I BET IT'S SOMETHING THAT TURNED THEM FROM CAUCASOID TO NEGROID.
YOU KNOW, WE ALL HAVE SOME GOOD IN US.

Real iccnorant ...er I mean ignorant I got confused by that word under your username.

Bring evidence those races/RacialIdentities existed before you say some WonderingCaucasoid came to WestAfrica

Real iccnorant ...er I mean ignorant I got confused by that word under your username.

Bring evidence those races/RacialIdentities existed before you say some WonderingCaucasoid came to WestAfrica
main-qimg-d42a0f14c866edb74fbdba3eb448ee5e