Ghost African Population

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice some of the maternal haplogroups of Somalis/East Africans and also Arabian peninsular seem to have an East African origin.

Examples: l3i, l3x etc

800px-Interpolation_maps_for_L3b%2C_L3d%2C_L3e%2C_L3f_L3h%2C_L3i%2C_L3x_and_L3w_haplogroups.png

Was there a population of Africans that lived in East African and migrated to the Arabian peninsula before the end of the ice age and were absorbed by East Africans and Arabians?

Conclusions

"We find mitochondrial evidence for multiple migration events into Yemen from sub-Saharan Africa, East Africa and western Eurasia that occurred relatively recently (i.e., primarily during the Holocene)"

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2014/10/23/010629.full.pdf

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
Arabia was largely populated from the South Levant during the Neolithic.

Yemenis are barely any different from Saudis when controlling for outliers.

Most of the African lineages in Arabia stem from post-Isamic contacts. Also, not all Swahilis carry Niger-Congo lineages, Southeast Africans also have aboriginal East African maternal lineages which they then spread to Arabia during the Arab slave trade.

Most of the African lineages in Arabia stem from post-Isamic contacts. Also, not all Swahilis carry Niger-Congo lineages, Southeast Africans also have aboriginal East African maternal lineages which they then spread to Arabia during the Arab slave trade.

But most of the Haplogroups I mentioned are restricted in Eastern African and Arabia?

How could have Arabians got it from Swahili speakers/slave trade when it's barely found/ almost non-existent in SE Africa?

Apollo

VIP
But most of the Haplogroups I mentioned are restricted in Eastern African and Arabia?

How could have Arabians got it from Swahili speakers/slave trade when it's barely found/ almost non-existent in SE Africa?

Some of it may be from geneflow between the Horn and Arabia pre-Islam.

But most of it is, I wager, from the Swahili coast area post-Islam which has spread many African lineages to Arabia.

Some of it may be from geneflow between the Horn and Arabia pre-Islam.

But most of it is, I wager, from the Swahili coast area post-Islam which has spread many African lineages to Arabia.

Then how would you account for Somalis even having these East African lineages?

Considering these haplogroups are not found in Nilotic populations which all our African DNA comes from.

How did Somalis end up getting these lineages?

There would of have been an East African population that early Cushitic speakers came into contact with and gave them these lineages

Apollo

VIP
Then how would you account for Somalis even having these East African lineages?

Considering these haplogroups are not found in Nilotic populations which all our African DNA comes from.

How did Somalis end up getting these lineages?

There would of have been an East African population that early Cushitic speakers came into contact with and gave them these lineages

Somalis are East Afrians?

Arabians are not and are Eurasians who got most of their African admixture recently.

Somalis are East Afrians?

Arabians are not and are Eurasians who got most of their African admixture recently.

I'm not talking about East African in your modern sense.

Somalis came from Sudan/Egypt, right?

The lineages emerged are from EastAfrica which we don't originate from.

Which would indicate contact with a population?

Apollo

VIP
I'm not talking about East African in your modern sense.

Somalis came from Sudan/Egypt, right?

The lineages emerged are from EastAfrica which we don't originate from.

Somalis have about 10% of local Somalia area hunter-gatherer admixture, which explains some of the rarer lineages. The remaining 90% is from Sudan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending