Getting swole or lean?

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
At the moment i weigh in under 80kg at 6ft1. My BMI is very good. I focus on core strength and a bit of resistance training. I run, swim, kick ball and can do press ups and chin ups for days. I am probably at the healthiest point in my life alxamdulilah.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The problem i have is that going through the same motions has become demotivating. i want to try a new regiment in 2020 to get swole to bring that excitement and passion back but i am increasingly discouraged by the extreme lifestyle changes. Mass gaining will bring fat and hilib that has its health problems like pigging out to slow my metabolism down. I feel like i would need a PT who can direct me on what areas to focus on as i have bad shoulders too. And there's no guarentee that being swole improves physique as Somalis are naturally lean.

@Inquisitive_ @Factz @Gucci mane any suggestions?

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
You just need to discipline yourself into going. Especially when you start seeing progress you wouldn’t want to stop. I also have a bad left shoulder but I always do stretches before working out cause it helps. If you want quick progress get on test cycle like @Hybrid() :lolbron:

dr.leorio

death\emitter
I'm similar to you in weight at 180lbs but I'm only 6ft tall. I've pretty much peaked as far as gains are concerned (unless I eat a shit load of calories or take steroids) but what motivates me are the obvious real life benefits.

Physiognomy is so important. People treat you based on how you look. It's fucked up but life is basically a beauty pageant. And when I look fit with my stunningly sharp east afrikan features I'm easily top 5% in looks, maybe even higher.

So what are the benefits? I live life on easy mode. My professors love me and are always willing to help me out, girls give me choosing signals every day and other men automatically give you respect. This alone should motivate you to stay in the gym.

At the moment i weigh in under 80kg at 6ft1. My BMI is very good. I focus on core strength and a bit of resistance training. I run, swim, kick ball and can do press ups and chin ups for days. I am probably at the healthiest point in my life alxamdulilah.

The problem i have is that going through the same motions has become demotivating. i want to try a new regiment in 2020 to get swole to bring that excitement and passion back but i am increasingly discouraged by the extreme lifestyle changes. Mass gaining will bring fat and hilib that has its health problems like pigging out to slow my metabolism down. I feel like i would need a PT who can direct me on what areas to focus on as i have bad shoulders too. And there's no guarentee that being swole improves physique as Somalis are naturally lean.

@Inquisitive_ @Factz @Gucci mane any suggestions?

I would advice against the very muscular look, we call this training like a tow truck, you become very strong but also very slow, static and lumber-some, it will affect your flexibility and performance in everything as well as your metabolism.

The worst thing about it is all the muscular imbalances you will create down the line, I am going through them right now and it's very painful and taxing.

You want to be lean, athletic and explosive whilst adding decent amount of muscles for aesthetics.

For your physique I would incorporate plyometric type training with full sprints on the track, my physique looked the best and I felt the strongest when I trained like that especially sprints.

Sprinters have the best body by far since it works all muscle groups including the ones in your face/neck unlike any other exercise out there.

It will also take care of all the little muscle imbalance you have created with weight training.

On the aesthetic side based on your image you need to concentrate on your shoulders and your arms for weight training.

I don't know what type of shoulder injury you have but I know the majority of shoulder injuries is as a result of weak rotator cuff muscles.

There are specific exercises to strengthen them, if the issue is impingement same stuff, if it's something worse then that I advice you to get it checked out by chiropractor or physiotherapist.

Based on your picture and likely because of your injury your most underdeveloped muscles are your shoulders, your entire physique would change if they were bigger and broader, it's the most important muscle for aesthetics.

At 6'1 80KG is too light, ignore the BMI BS which doesn't factor in muscles, you need to be at least in the 85-90 range for your height.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
I'm afraid to tell you have been cursed with highmetabolititus if you're like most Somalis.

Too much effort to bulk up only to lose it all quickly.

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
im going for relative strength myself. focusing on strength training will add the perfect amount of muscle mass and strength to my physique. eating at a 300 cal surrpuss daily will give me the growth and gains i need without adding weight and fat on my body. im 176lb at 6'3, if i got up to 185 lbs with around 8 % bf i will have this type of body, built for explosiveness and power
PmmLAGJ.jpg
DYnFs5H.jpg

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I would advice against the very muscular look, we call this training like a tow truck, you become very strong but also very slow, static and lumber-some, it will affect your flexibility and performance in everything as well as your metabolism.

The worst thing about it is all the muscular imbalances you will create down the line, I am going through them right now and it's very painful and taxing.

You want to be lean, athletic and explosive whilst adding decent amount of muscles for aesthetics.

For your physique I would incorporate plyometric type training with full sprints on the track, my physique looked the best and I felt the strongest when I trained like that especially sprints.

Sprinters have the best body by far since it works all muscle groups including the ones in your face/neck unlike any other exercise out there.

It will also take care of all the little muscle imbalance you have created with weight training.

On the aesthetic side based on your image you need to concentrate on your shoulders and your arms for weight training.

I don't know what type of shoulder injury you have but I know the majority of shoulder injuries is as a result of weak rotator cuff muscles.

There are specific exercises to strengthen them, if the issue is impingement same stuff, if it's something worse then that I advice you to get it checked out by chiropractor or physiotherapist.

Based on your picture and likely because of your injury your most underdeveloped muscles are your shoulders, your entire physique would change if they were bigger and broader, it's the most important muscle for aesthetics.

At 6'1 80KG is too light, ignore the BMI BS which doesn't factor in muscles, you need to be at least in the 85-90 range for your height.

I might be participating in the tough mudder event next year so pylometrics sound good. Thanks sxb. I will come back to this thread in a few months with my progress.

VixR

Veritas
Wait why was this moved to the Man Cave? :gucciwhat: f*ck the Homo shit i wanted female moral support from @Gibiin-Udug @VixR and the others.
You look fine. I don’t think you need to bulk too much. Lifting is good, but don’t f*ck yourself lifting unnecessarily heavy weights. PT is a idea for proper technique.

Focus on how you eat too, and you’ll feel too good to quit.

I was always active, but when I started my routine, it was how I felt, and fitting it into a specific but doable schedule that helps me keep at it. It’s what I use to de-stress too. It helps if you have someone to do things with.

Trending

Latest posts