Getting rid of the “Cushitic” label.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
We should strive for the Somali language to be considered a separate branch in the Afro-Asiatic language family similar to how Berber is its own branch and how Albanian is its own branch in the Indo-European langauge family.
IMG_3610.jpeg

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
You don't see the vision sxb.

Somali expansion will be fueled some way or another by bringing these people into our sphere. Look at how Anglos hijacked an entire continent. They mass imported Europeans from Germany Italy ect. And made them all British but ofc they wouldn't call themselves that so they made up the "White" label instead. Cushitic can be a useful tool for Somali expansion.

Linguistics is based on the genetic relationships of languages, groupings are allotted according to those formations.

Albanian is a unique, isolated language within IE, and Berber is its divergent separate respective branch within AA and consists of several languages. Somali is very unambiguously nested within Cushitic. These associations are never thrown willy-nilly.

Interesting, according to a spesific statistical measure, Arabic and Shehri (Modern South Arabian) is as far appart as Somali and Afar:
1707753392723.png

1707753433820.png

1707753438102.png

Now, there is potential complications with methodology in what you want to measure and if that is proxy for various relatedness factors but I think it is an interesting feature they set up to illustrate. I have to also set the caveat that divergence is not consistent, or regulated by exact same rate of innovation, loss of similarity, etc.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Linguistics is based on the genetic relationships of languages, groupings are allotted according to those formations.

Albanian is a unique, isolated language within IE, and Berber is its divergent separate respective branch within AA and consists of several languages. Somali is very unambiguously nested within Cushitic. These associations are never thrown willy-nilly.

Interesting, according to a spesific statistical measure, Arabic and Shehri (Modern South Arabian) is as far appart as Somali and Afar:
View attachment 315651
View attachment 315652
View attachment 315653

Now, there is potential complications with methodology in what you want to measure and if that is proxy for various relatedness factors but I think it is an interesting feature they set up to illustrate. I have to also set the caveat that divergence is not consistent, or regulated by exact same rate of innovation, loss of similarity, etc.
This is political, we should simply have our own category as we’re big enough unlike the rest of these langaab groups like Omotics, Oromos or Afars.

This is political, we should simply have our own category as we’re big enough unlike the rest of these langaab groups like Omotics, Oromos or Afars.
This reminds me of the fascist who made ridiculous claims about their origins, language, etc.:icon lol: If you are talking about language classification, no matter how political you want to remove it from its context, it does not change what it is. All it does is construct away from the truth.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
This reminds me of the fascist who made ridiculous claims about their origins, language, etc.:icon lol: If you are talking about language classification, no matter how political you want to remove it from its context, it does not change what it is. What is the point of it?
Unless someone actually looks into the books they’ll never know how the classifications of different languages work in the region. Besides Oromo has a bunch of Somali loan words, if we’re in the same category as them cause of that then we should also be in the Semitic group as well

Unless someone actually looks into the books they’ll never know how the classifications of different languages work in the region. Besides Oromo has a bunch of Somali loan words, if we’re in the same category as them cause of that then we should also be in the Semitic group as well
People will refer to the appropriate instruments when evaluating a matter. When someone checks for the Somali language, the scholars will describe it as they measure the relations, and it is too rigorous. One cannot undo reason.

Oromo is not a Lowland Eastern Cushitic language because it has Somalil loanwords, and neither do loanwords change the lineage classification of a language. We're talking about deeper systems here. Linguistics is a science, sxb.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
You don't see the vision sxb.

Somali expansion will be fueled some way or another by bringing these people into our sphere. Look at how Anglos hijacked an entire continent. They mass imported Europeans from Germany Italy ect. And made them all British but ofc they wouldn't call themselves that so they made up the "White" label instead. Cushitic can be a useful tool for Somali expansion.
LARP, Cushitic does not exist and nobody outside of this forum knows or cares enough for it. Habesha’s are Ethio-Semitic, Sudanese are Semitic and Somalis should get their own branch as our langauge is diverse and unique with many different dialects/accents.
IMG_3019.png

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
LARP, Cushitic does not exist and nobody outside of this forum knows or cares enough for it. Habesha’s are Ethio-Semitic, Sudanese are Semitic and Somalis should get their own branch as our langauge is diverse and unique with many different dialects/accents.
View attachment 315671
@Khaemwaset advocating for Cushitic-ism is useless if none of our neighbors want in on apart of it. Let Somalis divorce quietly and get their own category away from everyone else.

Khaemwaset

VIP
@Khaemwaset advocating for Cushitic-ism is useless if none of our neighbors want in on apart of it. Let Somalis divorce quietly and get their own category away from everyone else.
This isn't necessary. Somalis must dominate Africa and with that we need population. Cushiticnimo can help us bring other horn and Sudan into our sphere.

Take us Djibouti for example. No Afar or Arab will call himself Somali. Yet we have assimilated them to the point they speak Af-Somali, eat our foods, dress like us ect. They call themselves Djiboutians or use hyphenated like "Afar-Djiboutian". We have basically made them into Somalis using the Djiboutian identity as proxy. This is what Somalis must replicate on a wider scale.

This isn't necessary. Somalis must dominate Africa and with that we need population. Cushiticnimo can help us bring other horn and Sudan into our sphere.

Take us Djibouti for example. No Afar or Arab will call himself Somali. Yet we have assimilated them to the point they speak Af-Somali, eat our foods, dress like us ect. They call themselves Djiboutians or use hyphenated like "Afar-Djiboutian". We have basically made them into Somalis using the Djiboutian identity as proxy. This is what Somalis must replicate on a wider scale.
I will accept this on one condition, which is that we absorb the Kushites, who have a high Eurasian rate

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘

That’s not “Cushiticnimo” 😂 nobody outside of a few niche groups even know of this category. Many ethnicities like Berbers and Armenians off the top of my head have their own linguistic branches in their language families.

“Cushitic” has died before it even started.

Khaemwaset

VIP
That’s not “Cushiticnimo” 😂 nobody outside of a few niche groups even know of this category. Many ethnicities like Berbers and Armenians off the top of my head have their own linguistic branches in their language families.

“Cushitic” has died before it even started.
Yeah that'd because they're langaab. Albanian is it's own language group but they used to be large with many languages and own western balkans but they got taken over by slavs so only one tribe on some tiny land size of Djibouti remained. Same with Armenians ect.

Who cares about ajanabis. They don't even know what bantu or sinic languages are. You can't possibly base these things on what uneducated ajanabi think?

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
Yeah that'd because they're langaab. Albanian is it's own language group but they used to be large with many languages and own western balkans but they got taken over by slavs so only one tribe on some tiny land size of Djibouti remained. Same with Armenians ect.

Who cares about ajanabis. They don't even know what bantu or sinic languages are. You can't possibly base these things on what uneducated ajanabi think?
I’m not basing this off of what ajnabi think, I was using them as an example cause they have their own linguistic branches, something Somalis should have too cause every other “Cushitic” ie Oromos, Afar, Saho or whatever else are langaab af. There are many political, demographical, and ethnic reasons as to why we should be separate.

Khaemwaset

VIP
I’m not basing this off of what ajnabi think, I was using them as an example cause they have their own linguistic branches, something Somalis should have too cause every other “Cushitic” ie Oromos, Afar, Saho or whatever else are langaab af. There are many political, demographical, and ethnic reasons as to why we should be separate.
You seem to misunderstand. Separate from what? We are not a group like the EU you cannot simply seperate from a group that has genetic ties to you. Only place where Cushitic is used outside of linguistics and racial conversations Is in Kenya and other bantu countries that make distinction between Horners and them by calling us Cushites like they do to Nilotes. Outside of that it's not used.

That's my point, we should use this irrelevant term for the benefit of a Somali expansion. All large super states started off with one tribe assimilating all it's related neighbouring tribes into a massive culture. Somalis ought to think big and do the same.

Take China as a model. They're considered a homogenous ethno state of 1.5 billion when in reality they have whole languages, religions, phenotype and genetic differences. It's just they were all unified under the Han. And what came of it was a massive civilisational state that through ti's sheer numbers has been able to dominate easily.

Somali should get everything up to the borders of Egypt under the lable of "Kush". Make something big.

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
You seem to misunderstand. Separate from what? We are not a group like the EU you cannot simply seperate from a group that has genetic ties to you. Only place where Cushitic is used outside of linguistics and racial conversations Is in Kenya and other bantu countries that make distinction between Horners and them by calling us Cushites like they do to Nilotes. Outside of that it's not used.

That's my point, we should use this irrelevant term for the benefit of a Somali expansion. All large super states started off with one tribe assimilating all it's related neighbouring tribes into a massive culture. Somalis ought to think big and do the same.

Take China as a model. They're considered a homogenous ethno state of 1.5 billion when in reality they have whole languages, religions, phenotype and genetic differences. It's just they were all unified under the Han. And what came of it was a massive civilisational state that through ti's sheer numbers has been able to dominate easily.

Somali should get everything up to the borders of Egypt under the lable of "Kush". Make something big.
I gotta disagree, the Somali langauge has enough diversity in Af-may and maha-tiri and other dialectal/accent differences that we can stand as a branch of our own.

I feel like Cushitic is an outdated linguistic term and even as an ethnic term I’ve seen people use it as. We have no idea if the original Oromos for example before their expansion and assimilating Somalioid/Habesha’s had as much genetic relation as we do with the Afars for instance.

Trending