❤️ SPD-S&D: 206 (+53)

💙 CDU-EPP: 151 (-49)

💚 GRÜNE-Greens/EFA: 118 (+51)

💛 FDP-RE: 92 (+12)

🖤 AfD-ID: 83 (-11)

💙 CSU-EPP: 45 (-1)

❤️ LINKE-LEFT: 39 (-30)

🇩🇰SSW-Greens/EFA: 1 (new)

Sdp is the number 1 party in the election since 2002. Merkel's leave had huge effect on her party in addition to her miserable successor. :silanyosmile:

Apollo

VIP
The SPD guy is a Joe Biden/Hillary Clinton type of left-winger. So really more centrist than really leftwing while Merkel was more on the left end of her center-right party. So.. not much change.

I don't think much will change when it comes to EU policy.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
The SPD guy is a Joe Biden/Hillary Clinton type of left-winger. So really more centrist than really leftwing while Merkel was more on the left end of her center-right party. So.. not much change.

So do you think that they gonna make a coalition? The spd and csu?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

Did you vote?

So do you think that they gonna make a coalition? The spd and csu?
SPD and CDU/CSU are vying for a coalition with the Green party and the liberals, who will be the kingmakers.

The liberals are leaning more towards CDU/CSU while the Green party has more in common with the SPD, so it will either be a so called "traffic light"🚦coalition or a "Jamaica" 🇯🇲 coalition. Both configurations are already working in state parliaments.

Usually the leading party would build a governing coalition, but we'll have to see. CDU/CSU are sore loosers and maintain that they have roughly the same votes and are entitled to build a government, but not only did they loose ca. 8 % compared to last election but yesterday's result is a historic low, while the SPD made some gains.