George RR Martins GOT vs Somali civil war

A few striking resemblances.
  • Houses - Qabil
  • King's Landing - Mogadishu
  • King Aerys II, Brutal Targaryen King growing paranoid and pitting houses against houses to consolidate his power - MSB, Brutal Dictator growing paranoid and pitting qabil against qabil to consolidate his power
  • Aerys paranoid about the the North (Baratheon) = MBS primarily paranoid about the North (Isaaq)
  • Lannisters driving out Targaryens from Kings Landing after deposing King Aerys = Hawiye driving out Darood from Mog after deposing MBS
  • Sack of Kings Landing by Lannisters = Battle of Mogadishu
  • North claiming independence (Baratheon) = North claiming independence (Isaaq)

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I am glad you made my clan the noble prestigious Targaryeans. Many here refer to us as “Tedrosian” but “Targaryean” sounds much more suitable. They are natural born leaders and will be on the throne.

A few striking resemblances.
  • Houses - Qabil
  • King's Landing - Mogadishu
  • King Aerys II, Brutal Targaryen King growing paranoid and pitting houses against houses to consolidate his power - MSB, Brutal Dictator growing paranoid and pitting qabil against qabil to consolidate his power
  • Aerys paranoid about the the North (Baratheon) = MBS primarily paranoid about the North (Isaaq)
  • Lannisters driving out Targaryens from Kings Landing after deposing King Aerys = Hawiye driving out Darood from Mog after deposing MBS
  • Sack of Kings Landing by Lannisters = Battle of Mogadishu
  • North claiming independence (Baratheon) = North claiming independence (Isaaq)
North would be House Stark not House Baratheon.

I remember someone one time shared a comparison between the main Somali qabils and the different houses in Game of Thrones,

Had me on the floor wallahi:dead:

The houses in game of thrones are more akin to noble familes, Somali clans have nothing noble about them, they are more like psedo-governments in the past had their own courts, militaries, leaders and so on.

The houses in game of thrones are more akin to noble familes, Somali clans have nothing noble about them, they are more like psedo-governments in the past had their own courts, militaries, leaders and so on.

So did a lot of Somali clans. Noble families is hardly how i would describe Houses among Game of thrones llmaaao unless you believe incest makes you noble