Gemstones in puntland and somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reer-Bari

COMMANDER OF THE PUNTLAND DEFENCE TEAM
Everytime i go back to somalia i come across diaspora men flaunting gemstones they discovered in the mountains of northern somalia. I never end up seeing them again so i truly never find out if what they found was worth anything and if they got a decent return on it. Does anybody have any stories or information on gemstones in somalia.

my aunt was telling me about this, about some stones (can't remember but it sounded precious). she said its just sitting there on the floor and that she collected some but it was confiscated from her at the airport lol.

IMG_7684.JPG
Everytime i go back to somalia i come across diaspora men flaunting gemstones they discovered in the mountains of northern somalia. I never end up seeing them again so i truly never find out if what they found was worth anything and if they got a decent return on it. Does anybody have any stories or information on gemstones in somalia.

There is in Galgala mountains PL.

Very interesting,

But gemstones are usually found deep inside rocks and would require a machine cutter to access them as opposed to rather lying around in small drop sized heaps as shown in movies,

Nevertheless if Northern Somalia has these types of Organic minerals then depending on the amount of supplies there could be an unlikely market there.

El padrone

Hedonist, Depressive realist, Existential nihilist
I know one guy from UK who collected one kg of red and blue sapphire. iirc he made good fortune. unless you can clean and cut the stones you will have to surrender them at cheap prices.

In hargeisa theres this dhegcas refugee from syria he collected close to 100kg gemstones and other buried pharaos stuff. he made close to $40 million selling them in bangladish.

He didnt even declare his loot so hes prolly wanted by the sland gov.

Very interesting,

But gemstones are usually found deep inside rocks and would require a machine cutter to access them as opposed to rather lying around in small drop sized heaps as shown in movies,

Nevertheless if Northern Somalia has these types of Organic minerals then depending on the amount of supplies there could be an unlikely market there.

I'm not sure, but she did say it was just lying around. It was in Hargeisa.

El padrone

I can vouch for her. theres an abundance of stones in siimodi and mandhera mountains before the chinese company come. now you cant just wander around the mines unless you want a bullet to the head

Hmm, I just don't see it being that easy to get the gemstones and fly out of the country to sell it.

You would have to extract it from the rocks and without the technology for it, you would have to risk selling it at a lower price.

Then there would come the whole government customs you would have to deal with at the airport and you could risk being arrested for trying to export raw materials without notifying the government and getting permission.

Or maybe I am overthinking this and it is easy to get the damn gemstones.. LOL

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
This guy mines in Somaliland. Go through his account, this dude made a lot of money from it

Hmm, I just don't see it being that easy to get the gemstones and fly out of the country to sell it.

You would have to extract it from the rocks and without the technology for it, you would have to risk selling it at a lower price.

Then there would come the whole government customs you would have to deal with at the airport and you could risk being arrested for trying to export raw materials without notifying the government and getting permission.

Give the SL police 2$ worth of khaat and they'll let u export their own kids let alone gemstones :icon lol:

Hemaal

VIP
my aunt was telling me about this, about some stones (can't remember but it sounded precious). she said its just sitting there on the floor and that she collected some but it was confiscated from her at the airport lol.

You have to be smart about it. Set up a company, pay tax and you can take your loot legally :win:TIA after all

idk but i believe her, it was only like a year ago, lol she was very upset about it and was telling us how she was telling the guy who stopped her off.
You have to be smart about it. Set up a company, pay tax and you can take your loot legally :win:TIA after all

don't think its all that serious to her to do all that, she goes back every two years and I'm sure has some at her home there. she was just annoyed it sits on the ground and she said they let ajnabis take it but they stopped her.

Hemaal

VIP
don't think its all that serious to her to do all that, she goes back every two years and I'm sure has some at her home there. she was just annoyed it sits on the ground and she said they let ajnabis take it but they stopped her.

Yeaah. I noticed but if it is precious it is worth it. There is one place Im planning to mine iA. It is a cave which is so dark even the torch itself turns off. I once went in there and got scared, next day we took lantern and the same thing happened. :ooh::francis:

Yeaah. I noticed but if it is precious it is worth it. There is one place Im planning to mine iA. It is a cave which is so dark even the torch itself turns off. I once went in there and got scared, next day we took lantern and the same thing happened. :ooh::francis:

sounds like fun

El padrone

sxb beware some places arent meant to be ventured in! theres a reason locals are afraid to go in mountains after dark.

You could be posessed by sheydaan or get haunted forever. srs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts