Geeljire: The Fallacies behind flawed Character Assisnations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is about the thread iamashoppingcart made where he tried in failure to accuse me of being a rape apologist because he simply disagrees with me. Instead of havign concrete constructive dialogue is the usage character assisnations.

Watch from @10:55

The next thing the idealist will do is character assassination. All those who disagree with the great vision must be shown to have malign intentions, if not deep-seated character flaws. They must be "Borked," to use a verb coined in our times. They must be depicted as "A Strange Justice" if somehow they survive the Borking process. They must be depicted as having some personal "obsessions" if they carry out the duties they swore to carry out as a special prosecutor. In short, demonization is one of the costs of the quest for cosmic justice.
The victims of this process are not limited to those targeted. The society as a whole loses when its decisions are made by character assassination, rather than by rational discussion, and when its pool of those eligible for leadership is drained by the exodus of those who are not prepared to sacrifice their good name or subject their family to humiliations for the sake of grasping the levers of power. This loss is not merely quantitative, for those who are willing to endure any personal or family humiliations for the sake of power are the most dangerous people to trust with power.
In a sense, those caught up in the vision of cosmic justice are also among its victims. Having committed themselves to a vision and demonized all who oppose it, how are they to turn around and subject that vision to searching empirical scrutiny, much less repudiate it as evidence of its counterproductive results mount up?
Ironically, the quest for greater economic and social equality is promoted through a far greater inequality of political power. If rules cannot produce cosmic justice, only raw power is left as the way to produce the kinds of results being sought. In a democracy, where power must gain public acquiescence, not only must the rule of law be violated or circumvented, so must the rule of truth. However noble the vision of cosmic justice, arbitrary power and shameless lies are the only paths that even seem to lead in its direction. As noted at the outset, the devastating costs and social dangers which go with these attempts to achieve the impossible should be taken into account

I

IntensiveCareUnit

i accused u of being rapist. i will buy you hooked on phonics walle bille i promise i am in charity mood. :)

you seem to be in jir gariir. you make new thread! second warning scum. dont detract the traffic i am getting in my thread. fucking shit.

Geeljire is amazing. Makes all of these useful and interesting threads while defending Somalis. Now fuk off wit ur bs:camby:iamashoppingcart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending