Gedmatch analysis! Breaking down myths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
Gedmatch admixture analysis tools are very precise. I landed 25-35% middleastern, 25%-30% Horner ,15% Caucasian, 12% subsaharan, 15% Persian consistently. How did you guys score?

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
15% Caucasian

giphy.gif

Gedmatch admixture analysis tools are very precise. I landed 25-35% middleastern, 25%-30% Horner ,15% Caucasian, 12% subsaharan, 15% Persian consistently. How did you guys score?

What does Gedmatch even look like, is it that thing that lists ethnic groups and numbers like 0.23, 4.56 etc?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
how does that work? did you manually put in everything that your 23andme result gave you and gedmatch did its own analysis?

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
What does Gedmatch even look like, is it that thing that lists ethnic groups and numbers like 0.23, 4.56 etc?
It's admixture based on chromosomes. I think. But yeah there are models that use numbers and different units but I just stick to the admixture results using the Harappa, Eurogenes, and PuntDNA tools.

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
how does that work? did you manually put in everything that your 23andme result gave you and gedmatch did its own analysis?
It's super easy there's a link for 23andme so you can upload your data. Took less than 5 mins to sign up and upload.

It's admixture based on chromosomes. I think. But yeah there are models that use numbers and different units but I just stick to the admixture results using the Harappa, Eurogenes, and PuntDNA tools.
Oh right.
How long did your 23andme take once it reached the labs. The wait is too tedious :bell:...

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
And that 6 weeks is after the "Your sample was received at our laboratory..." (step 3)?
Yeah it took 6 weeks after they received it. But heres my Jtest which checks how much Arab components you carry also Mediterranean and African. I'm pretty much 50 /50
Im west African @7%:salute:
Screenshot_20170321-185942.png

Its fake.

Why does each project have totally opposite results? One result says I'm 40% Arab, another one said I'm 30% West African, another said I'm 20% South Asian, another said I got like 9% Native American, another said I'm 10% Jew? They even gave my Pygmy ancestry. 10% Nilo Saharan. 33% Palestinian.

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
Its fake.

Why does each project have totally opposite results? One result says I'm 40% Arab, another one said I'm 30% West African, another said I'm 20% South Asian, another said I got like 9% Native American, another said I'm 10% Jew? They even gave my Pygmy ancestry. 10% Nilo Saharan. 33% Palestinian.
No it's not then you might as well disregard all DNA analysis.
The readouts that give you a breakdown vary because each study has a different definition for Southwest Arab or how they place East African genes because in some tests East African is Northeast African and they also study different time periods based on your individual 23 chromosomes. If you don't believe Gedmatch you don't believe in science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending