Gashaamo city, Somali region of Ethiopia hospital completed

@xabashi how do you feel about this?

Hmm It is good news that the local government is doing this and I also agree there was some neglect from the federal government in the past. Having said that we have to also acknowledge what the federal government has already invested in the Somali region like university, referral hospital, airport, roads etc. I am not saying it is enough but just that It is not like black and white so we should be looking at it based on actual facts.

Im reer Biciidyahan from galbeed i agree with you bro
It's true cuz. My relativeRB don't receive enough support.
They neglect it like kenya neglects nfd, because they know somalis will always be a threat to that region. Why invest in something you know will never be yours.

Laakin, being the xaasids they are. They won't even respect their constitution and allow ogaden the right to choose their future. Kenya and ehtiopia were so weak, they accepted land from the coloniser who wanted to spite somalis for their bitter resistance. Yet africans look upto these coons. The europeans couldn't conquer them, but our generals infiltrated their palaces with ease and would have beat them if it wasn't for the europeans and the invention of the airplanes.

:gucciwhat:
Exactly. Also, Xabeshida iyo Kenyatiga waa fulays. They have no cojones so they need 300 different countries to back them up. They know Somali's can destroy them in a fair fight.

Santiago

Adeer macaane ii waran
It's true cuz. My relativeRB don't receive enough support.

Exactly. Also, Xabeshida iyo Kenyatiga waa fulays. They have no cojones so they need 300 different countries to back them up. They know Somali's can destroy them in a fair fight.
Whats your qabiil

Hmm It is good news that the local government is doing this and I also agree there was some neglect from the federal government in the past. Having said that we have to also acknowledge what the federal government has already invested in the Somali region like university, referral hospital, airport, roads etc. I am not saying it is enough but just that It is not like black and white so we should be looking at it based on actual facts.

What are your thoughts over the airport, electricity and water plants in the Somali region all being run by non-Somalis and Somalis being barred from its administration in a colonial-esque attempt at controlling them.:reallymaury:

Last edited:
What are your thoughts over the airport, electricity and water plants in the Somali region all being run by non-Somalis and Somalis being barred from its administration in a colonial-esque attempt at controlling them.:reallymaury:

Federal institutions are different by nature than that are run by local governments. People are hired for technical jobs for Federal institutions based on merit from all over the country. That is the case in every region, not a especial case for Somali region. Still I know many Somalis also hold higher positions in Jigjiga like in the referral hospital and the university. I think speculating without the factual numbers is not a good idea anyway. Let alone hospitals and universities, Somalis are currently running more federal ministries than Tigray region. It is not black and white as we may wish to have it.

Federal institutions are different by nature than that are run by local governments. People are hired for technical jobs for Federal institutions based on merit from all over the country. That is the case in every region, not a especial case for Somali region. Still I know many Somalis also hold higher positions in Jigjiga like in the referral hospital and the university. I think speculating without the factual numbers is not a good idea anyway. Let alone hospitals and universities, Somalis are currently running more federal ministries than Tigray region. It is not black and white as we may wish to have it.
How am I supposed to have hard numbers when a few years ago journalists were arrested trying to enter and report on the ongoings in Somali Galbeed?

It will take a long time for the full extent of the economic marginalization that Somalis experience considering the current focus is reporting about the abuses that occured to them. You call it merit that Somalis have next to zero control over the utilities in their cities and airports? I don't know why I expected a straight answer from an Ethiopian nationalist:mjlol:

How am I supposed to have hard numbers when a few years ago journalists were arrested trying to enter and report on the ongoings in Somali Galbeed?

It will take a long time for the full extent of the economic marginalization that Somalis experience considering the current focus is reporting about the abuses that occured to them. You call it merit that Somalis have next to zero control over the utilities in their cities and airports? I don't know why I expected a straight answer from an Ethiopian nationalist:mjlol:

Both the president and vice president of Jigjiga University are Somalis. That is what I'm saying. The facts are not always the same as our perception.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-11-at-01-26-07.png

Both the president and vice president of Jigjiga University are Somalis. That is what I'm saying. The facts are not always the same as our perception.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-11-at-01-26-07.png
Did I ever mention universities or did I specifically mention the airports and utilities such as water and electricity. I and many others did not forget the Ethiopian government cutting water and electricity to JigJiga and they managed it because those vital sectors are not run by the locals but foreigners from Bahir Dar and Mekelle.

Did I ever mention universities or did I specifically mention the airports and utilities such as water and electricity. I and many others did not forget the Ethiopian government cutting water and electricity to JigJiga and they managed it because those vital sectors are not run by the locals but foreigners from Bahir Dar and Mekelle.

These are federal institutions and honestly it doesn't matter which ethnicity heads any federal institution. If the order comes from Addis Ababa to do something, then they have to obey. I have never heard of cutting water and electricity to Jigjiga but I know these kind of problems exist throughout Ethiopia including Addis Ababa. So I don't know how it is only a Jigjiga problem.

Trending

Latest posts