Garowe online: Kenya cabinet discussing Somaliland recognition ahead of Biixi’s Nairobi trip

I sense this is likely a ploy by the Kenyans to put pressure on the Somalia government to make concessions in either the Khat ban or the maritime dispute. I highly doubt the Kenyans are really interested in recognising Somaliland.

Just my two cents.

Dude we both know kenya recognition won't do shit :russ:
These are the guys who are crying because their economy is about to collapse due to khat not being delivered. They probably gonna beg you guys to purchase their khat in return for recognition. That will give them excuse to sell khat to somaliland since they say it's a different country.

Me knowing the kikuyus I’m pretty sure they will. Somalia is about to turn Kenya into a sea-locked country soon. And The only way to force the the court to postpone the hearing indefinitely is by creating some sort of conflict. If farmajo is smart he will will just ignore it.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
I sense this is likely a ploy by the Kenyans to put pressure on the Somalia government to make concessions in either the Khat ban or the maritime dispute. I highly doubt the Kenyans are really interested in recognising Somaliland.

Just my two cents.
Nailed it.. It has never been up for discussion previously maybe small talks.

But since Kenya is pretty much losing the maritime dispute with Somalia, they probably could recognise SL out of spite.

Nailed it.. It has never been up for discussion previously maybe small talks.

But since Kenya is pretty much losing the maritime dispute with Somalia, they probably could recognise SL out of spite.

I could see that. Especially if the hostilities with Muqdisho continue to escalate.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
Kenyan recognition doesn't mean anything come back to me when an actual country that holds weight recognizes you

OffTheDome

Proud American
Is China nudging Kenya and other African countries to recognise Somaliland? One of the few ways China can push Somaliland to sever ties with Taiwan is to cut a deal with Hargeisa through its African “allies” to recognise Somaliland, on the condition that Hargeisa abandons the Taiwan deal.:ohhh:

Is China nudging Kenya and other African countries to recognise Somaliland? One of the few ways China can push Somaliland to sever ties with Taiwan is to cut a deal with Hargeisa through its African “allies” to recognise Somaliland, on the condition that Hargeisa abandons the Taiwan deal.:ohhh:
Its the other way. Superpower countries don't play like that. Even if SL cut ties with Taiwan now they could very well re-establish it in the future after they get recognized. You don't insult the midget rocked-man in Beijing by establishing a relationship with Taiwan and then demand him to recognize you if he wants u to abandon Taiwan.

Kenya is doing all of this because of the ICJ case. After they failed with their lil JL quest. Their second-best option now is to recognize SL to try to escalate and start a conflict with Somalia. The ICJ will then postpone the hearing to not escalate the conflict any further as they did in the past with similar cases. Luckily the corrupt Kikuyus politicians don't know how to play politics and their moves are very predictability. I just hope the FGS approach it with caution.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Bruh how the hell did u come out with plan? High on khat

Alot of Kenyan Somalis are the grandchildren of British subjects, i would speculate that they still have kinship ties to Somaliland and are trying to influence the parliament.

Furthermore, as Somalia is maturin it has angered the exploitive Kenyan, hence we will see more brazen disrespect as time goes on.

Alot of Kenyan Somalis are the grandchildren of British subjects, i would speculate that they still have kinship ties to Somaliland and are trying to influence the parliament.

Furthermore, as Somalia is maturin it has angered the exploitive Kenyan, hence we will see more brazen disrespect as time goes on.
Where do you get your source from?

Ur first point makes zero sense. However ur second point is spot on. We just have to get used to it until we get back on our feet. UAE, Saudis, Kenya and Egypt and anyone that have disagreements with FGS will be welcomed in SL. The FGS should just focus on the more important tasks.

Last edited:

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
Kenyan recognition doesn't mean anything come back to me when an actual country that holds weight recognizes you
Whatabout super power Taiwan?:silanyolaugh:.

Ninyo can you update the meaning of Ictraf in the dictionary. Ok lemme see if I can come up with at least two connotations of the word and you find the etymology. Let's do it bro.

1. Ictraf: seeking a recognition from the International community and to be admitted in the United Nations as a sovereign member state, I.e. South Sudan circa 2011
2. a. Delusional, chasing unachievable, impossible and elusive goal for generations. I.e Breakaway Sland, circa 1991 to infinity.
b. Miserably unlucky, catching Endless L,s on weekly bases for years. :samwelcome:

Trending