Garowe Master plan

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@FBIsomalia Garowe master plan to grow is following urban sprawl principle not the better and more realistic method of building 'high' not 'spreading wide'. We need more apartment buildings approved for development not 'villas' and 'new xafaads'.

The government will face stiff opposition from clans-men who's land is being 'donated' to accomodate the urban sprawl of garowe, this isn't realistic. My town birta dheer is 45 kilometers from 'garowe' and we sure as hell are not going to lose our land to accomodate the capital city urban growth over 30 years and I suspect there is no clan in puntland oo yeelayso dhul beeleed(be it daaqsin or beero0 inay uu wareejiso dawlada puntland.

I am worried Garowe may expand 45 kilometers in the future and this will swallow up my birta dheer which will become now a 'xafaad' of the future Garowe. Urban Sprawl methods are not the only methods of master planning. Look at how singapore used their land, in garowe we need to use our land to build large skyscrapers and towers not build more 'surburban estates' like new 'garowe' or 'new bosaso' which are using 'urban sprawl method' and the problem with urban sprawl is it requires to much 'land' to donate and in puntland each clan knows his land and daaqsin or beero and it's unlikely they will forfeit this to the government master plan.

Land disputes(water wells, daaqsin, beero) are primarily the largest conflict driver in Puntland, so the govt should be very careful around this sensitive area and seek the approval of clan owners of areas they seek to expand. We must 'delimit' Garowe urban expansion as it may lead to clan conflict.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Is This Puntland New Cabinet

E3jPcN7XEAYMZ5K

E3jPZTMXMAMm59R

@Galmudug-State This office controls 1/3 of Somalia Land mass, 220,000 SQ KM. One leader only.

E3cTycaXMAEyfw_