Garissa Governor Ali Korane locked up in EACC cells over graft case

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Garissa Governor Ali Korane will spend Monday night in police custody pending his arraignment over allegations of graft.

Korane was set to be charged on Monday over alleged embezzlement of Ksh.233 million World Bank grant but the court session was postponed to Tuesday.
1600150135452.png

He was detained at the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) headquarters cells.

In a statement released Thursday last week, the DPP said Governor Korane and four others allegedly embezzled Ksh.233,506,000 released by the World Bank under the Kenya Urban Support program.

The statement indicated that investigations uncovered that the money was diverted on different occasions between February 2019 and September 2019.

“The said funds were to be used for three specific municipal projects namely; construction of Qorahey market, recarpeting of Garissa Township Central Business District roads and construction of storm water drainage and pedestrian walk ways,” reads the statement.

The investigations carried out by the EACC concluded that Mr. Korane abdicated his responsibilities leading to the misappropriation of the grant funds. It also fingered four other people and their roles in the theft.
“The irregular diversion/transfers were facilitated by Ibrahim Malow Nur, the Chief Finance Officer, Mohamed Ahmed Abdullahi, Head of Treasury, Abdi Shale, County Executive Officer Municipality, and Ahmed Abdullahi Aden, the head of accounting at the Municipal,” reads the statement.

The five will be charged with conspiracy to commit an offence of economic crime, misappropriation of public funds, abuse of office, engaging in a project without prior planning and willful failure to comply with the law.

Zayn

Visionary from Garbaharey
Good news for reer Garissa.
There was a fallout between him and Aden Ducaale. Ducaale even admitted to have helped Ali Bunow win the elections in an illegal manner i.e rigged the votes for him. Garissa was definately better under Nadhif Jamac , ABK has turned the county government into a family enterprise. He knows every single Shilling that leaves the coffers of the county. He has fired mostly Cawliyahan employees hired by Nadhiif and replaced them with Cabudwaaq and Cabdalle ones. Definately good news for reer garissa

There was a fallout between him and Aden Ducaale. Ducaale even admitted to have helped Ali Bunow win the elections in an illegal manner i.e rigged the votes for him. Garissa was definately better under Nadhif Jamac , ABK has turned the county government into a family enterprise. He knows every single Shilling that leaves the coffers of the county. He has fired mostly Cawliyahan employees hired by Nadhiif and replaced them with Cabudwaaq and Cabdalle ones. Definately good news for reer garissa
He is one of the richest Somalis in kenya before being elected govonor

Yet is stealing money that is bad news for the local guys.His embezzelement of funds is next level.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
He is one of the richest Somalis in kenya before being elected govonor

Yet is stealing money that is bad news for the local guys.His embezzelement of funds is next level.

I had to look up the number and it's 2 million I don't think that's worth it but would he have gotten away with it if it was another governor somewhere else where there is less scrutiny?

I had to look up the number and it's 2 million I don't think that's worth it but would he have gotten away with it if it was another governor somewhere else where there is less scrutiny?
No he wouldn't that is just a tip of the iceberg.
That money belongs World Bank and they usually asses the projects.

Secondly he has been Govonor for 4 years now and his county received Billions of Kenya shillings and large amount of it was embezzled under his watch.

Other govonors are under investigation too like the Nairobi govonor whose roles have been reduced and he is in caught.

Somalis complain about Kenyan madhoow for inequalities yet we steal.money from our communities. and yes it's good step he has been arrested even though he was set free on bond.

He has a long bad list. He was in charge of mombasa as district commissioner in the 90s and he stole so much prime land he at one point became the largest land owner. He also assassinated one of his employees recently who was his own cousin and OG have had enough and want him out. He also bought his Kursi. We want him gone and Nadiirj Jamac back he was far more honest and developed the county. Or another guy.

We will not tolerate this. The guy who ordered his arrest rubs Kenya’s court prosecution office and he is OG from his own sub clan. He is bent on cleaning NFD and he has the support of his father a senator and OG elders. We need the money for schools.

Zayn

He has a long bad list. He was in charge of mombasa as district commissioner in the 90s and he stole so much prime land he at one point became the largest land owner. He also assassinated one of his employees recently who was his own cousin and OG have had enough and want him out. He also bought his Kursi. We want him gone and Nadiirj Jamac back he was far more honest and developed the county. Or another guy.

We will not tolerate this. The guy who ordered his arrest rubs Kenya’s court prosecution office and he is OG from his own sub clan. He is bent on cleaning NFD and he has the support of his father a senator and OG elders. We need the money for schools.
Nadhiif is not running again. This time it is Mohamed Shidiye "Kululu" . That guy is a strong leader and it has been evident when he was MP in Lagdera where he was feared by Borans. Now that he is gone the Borans took a village that Kululu established and corporated it into neighbouring county. Kululu is definately the man to lead Garissa

Abaq

VIP
Nadiif was a tuug but at least he was a tuug you can eat with. This guy takes everything for himself and made enemies of even his closest allies. And now they have finally turned against him.

Zayn

Nadiif was a tuug but at least he was a tuug you can eat with. This guy takes everything for himself and made enemies of even his closest allies. And now they have finally turned against him.
Saxiib a tuug you can eat with is better than a stingy tuug

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
A tuug is a tuug if you are telling me Nadiif was corrupt then he should not have a chance to lead.

Trending