Game of thrones: how is it like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arya’s quest to avenge her family started off as noble but quickly escalated into a violent rampage; she completely put aside the morality, nobility and honour her father taught her and instead became a psychopath. I’m sure her parents would’ve been too pleased with that.

If you were in Sansa’s situation as a prisoner of the Lannisters, what would you have done? If Arya was in Sansa’s place she would’ve have been killed in season 2. Sansa wasn’t trained in combat and if she fought back things would’ve gotten worse for her. Her family was scattered and she was alone in the capital at age 12 in the books/ 13 in the show so she did the only thing she could’ve done: stay quiet, observe the people around you, learn from them and at the best opportunity, make your escape.

Jon is a pathetic leader and the only reason he’s still King is because of Sansa. She knows how to rule people and how to turn them to her side, whilst stupid Jon tells the blunt truth which can sometimes anger those he is trying to win over. Sansa is the ruler the North needs whilst Jon is their heroic leader. Arya doesn’t benefit her country at all and is a useless character.
You made a lot of valid points for your girl and I cant disagree. And you are right in that arya would have been killed after killing jeoffrey with her own hands. I just think because I have similar no chill personality as her i relate to her a lot more :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I loved Sansa and her development as a character. I also like the fact she's relatable, too. In fact, my cat is named after Ramsey Bolton.

Why ramsay Bolton

tumblr_n41ioqPBno1r98xw9o1_250.gif

You made a lot of valid points for your girl and I cant disagree. And you are right in that arya would have been killed after killing jeoffrey with her own hands. I just think because I have similar no chill personality as her i relate to her a lot more :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

Lol I’m a very calm person but it takes great skill to be able to live with like 20 snakes, survive them, return home and build up your country. Sansa is really admirable because of that. Arya was cute at first but her mental state went downhill after witnessing so many atrocities but unlike Sansa, she chose to become a killer instead of living by her father’s honourable lessons.

Let’s admit though, none of us would’ve survived two seconds in Game of Thrones :ftw9nwa:

Sorry, but we have to disagree. Men like Arya because she is a very masculine character but for some reason hate on Sansa, who is the strongest character on the show. Yes she wanted to be queen, but that was before her life went down to hell. She had childish dreams about being a beautiful queen enjoying pretty feasts and dresses, not dreams of power and control like Daenerys. But after she became a prisoner, all she wanted was to go home to her family to Winterfell. If you watch the show you’ll see this; Sansa just wants to go home. She doesn’t care about power because she knows what it does to people and how it corrupts them; just look at Cersei and Littlefinger.

I can’t relate to Arya. She is stupid, murderous and completely forgot who she was just to gain power, whilst Sansa never forgot that she was a Stark of Winterfell. I’ve always hated Arya and I hope she dies a painful death, the little shit.

Sansa is the strongest character on the show ? are you mad ? :what:

Sansa is the strongest character on the show ? are you mad ? :what:

Depends on how you define strong sxb. Mentally and emotionally, yes she is the strongest. She went through hell, was abused, tortured and humiliated by the most venomous characters on the show and still managed to get out of these situations with her wits and nerves in tact. She didn’t give up and always remained positive in the face of constant adversity. Dany loses it quickly and makes stupid rash decisions that harms her, Arya loses her mind and becomes a psychopath whilst Jon refuses to play the game all together which leads to his undoing. Sansa could’ve easily fired back at Joffrey and Cersei, she made it quite clear in season 1 that she knew how to talk back at people, but she was smart enough to know that if she did she would’ve been killed. Even Tyrion, the smartest man in the show, couldn’t control himself and lashed out at his family, which nearly led to his death.

Sansa is a survivor and it takes a lot of courage and strength to emerge a better and wiser person after being treated like she was treated. Strength doesn’t just equal physical/masculine strength you know.

Depends on how you define strong sxb. Mentally and emotionally, yes she is the strongest. She went through hell, was abused, tortured and humiliated by the most venomous characters on the show and still managed to get out of these situations with her wits and nerves in tact. She didn’t give up and always remained positive in the face of constant adversity. Dany loses it quickly and makes stupid rash decisions that harms her, Arya loses her mind and becomes a psychopath whilst Jon refuses to play the game all together which leads to his undoing. Sansa could’ve easily fired back at Joffrey and Cersei, she made it quite clear in season 1 that she knew how to talk back at people, but she was smart enough to know that if she did she would’ve been killed. Even Tyrion, the smartest man in the show, couldn’t control himself and lashed out at his family, which nearly led to his death.

Sansa is a survivor and it takes a lot of courage and strength to emerge a better and wiser person after being treated like she was treated. Strength doesn’t just equal physical/masculine strength you know.

I disagree with you whole heartedly, she sat there in a castle comfy, even though she was surrounded by enemies, yes she used her wits, got tortured and humiliated but who didn't ?, and Jon had to unite so many fronts while being surrounded by people who wanted to kill him eventually they did kill him, but somehow came back to life and by the end managed to bring all the kingdom's together to fight, and bested his enemies while at it if that isnt using your wits i don't know what is.

And how can you blame Arya for turning out a psychopath after all she went through, all in all to me Sansa is one of the most bland characters in that show :kanyeshrug:

Surviving abuse and not having the courage to fight back doesnt mean you are strong. Everything has been done for her and the only thing that kept her alive is her name and having her alive is worth a lot more to her enemies than anything she actually done.

I disagree with you whole heartedly, she sat there in a castle comfy, even though she was surrounded by enemies, yes she used her wits, got tortured and humiliated but who didn't ?, and Jon had to unite so many fronts while being surrounded by people who wanted to kill him eventually they did kill him, but somehow came back to life and by the end managed to bring all the kingdom's together to fight, and bested his enemies while at it if that isnt using your wits i don't know what is.

And how can you blame Arya for turning out a psychopath after all she went through, all in all to me Sansa is one of the most bland characters in that show :kanyeshrug:

I don’t understand how someone being tortured and abused by Cersei and Joffrey can sit around in comfort. Sansa did the only thing she could do in that situation: abide her time and wait for the perfect opportunity to escape. Even if she did run away like Arya did, she would’ve been caught. Arya is small and plain-looking, with stingy brown hair whilst Sansa had red hair, blues eyes and a delicate/feminine poise. Sansa was a prisoner in King’s Landing and in the capital, no one heroically fights back. Everyone uses backstabbing, political intrigue and lies to survive the city. Look what happened to Ned when he attempted to honourably fight against Jaime. Sansa was seen as being quiet, timid and dumb although she wasn’t, but used that image to her benefit by fooling her enemies. She is now one of the most intelligent rulers ever.

And don’t get me started on that useless idiot Jon. There was an interview with Kit Harrington once and he basically summed up why Jon always survives; the idiot gets by on dumb luck and plot armour. There were so many opportunities for him to die in season 6 and 7 but he managed to miraculously survive. The show has lost its element of surprise and is now just another medieval fantasy show.

Surviving abuse and not having the courage to fight back doesnt mean you are strong. Everything has been done for her and the only thing that kept her alive is her name and having her alive is worth a lot more to her enemies than anything she actually done.

That’s not true. If you read the books you’ll see that Sansa had a lot of courage, but why would she do anything that would just make her situation worse? She couldn’t just punch Joffrey and get away with it unscathed. Sansa has never experienced political intrigue before and was surrounded by characters who either constantly lied to her or used her. She learnt as she went along and used this knowledge to eventually rule the North.

Sansa is much stronger mentally and emotionally than Arya because Sansa managed to keep her cool, tried to live by her father’s honourable legacy in a bloodthirsty world and never forget that she was a Stark of Winterfell. Arya became blinded by her rage and in the beginning she used it against her enemies but it eventually consumed her and turned her into a heartless murderer. To be able to keep calm, grow wiser and remain loyal to your moral values in the face of constant grief, terror and injustice requires a very strong mindset and a very resilient temperament.

That’s not true. If you read the books you’ll see that Sansa had a lot of courage, but why would she do anything that would just make her situation worse? She couldn’t just punch Joffrey and get away with it unscathed. Sansa has never experienced political intrigue before and was surrounded by characters who either constantly lied to her or used her. She learnt as she went along and used this knowledge to eventually rule the North.

Sansa is much stronger mentally and emotionally than Arya because Sansa managed to keep her cool, tried to live by her father’s honourable legacy in a bloodthirsty world and never forget that she was a Stark of Winterfell. Arya became blinded by her rage and in the beginning she used it against her enemies but it eventually consumed her and turned her into a heartless murderer. To be able to keep calm, grow wiser and remain loyal to your moral values in the face of constant grief, terror and injustice requires a very strong mindset and a very resilient temperament.
Wallahi i love your passion for GoT lol. But we are so gonna disagree on her playing a smart waiting game. She was just a scared girl. Hell I lose my temper posting here how am I gonna relate to her. Even arya is too calm for me. So long term games is simply not my thing.

Wallahi i love your passion for GoT lol. But we are so gonna disagree on her playing a smart waiting game. She was just a scared girl. Hell I lose my temper posting here how am I gonna relate to her. Even arya is too calm for me. So long term games is simply not my thing.

Lol I get your point. I run out of patience easily but if your head is on the line, why rush things? Both Arya and Sansa were scared little girls but they expressed it differently; Sansa remained cool and calm whilst Arya grew increasingly murderous.

Anyways I hope season 8 gets better, season 7 had way too much plot armour and action and ruined the whole vibe of the show. :meleshame:

Arya is my favourite character too . when she killed
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:banderas:
Savage af

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending